Spray-on liner to protect underside of front of fifth-wheel?

David-and-Cheryl

When we bought our 2013 Landmark (used), it had a few rock pits in the lower part of the front, on either side of the generator door.

After 6,500 miles of towing in Alaska this summer, it has more. A LOT more. And some of them are pretty deep, so I think I need to do something to fill in the holes and protect that part of the trailer from further damage.

Has anyone applied a spray-on bed liner product, like LINE-X or Rhino, to the lower front of their fifth wheel (the part behind the pin box, not the nose cap)? It seems that a surface like this would be far more durable than the original metal and paint.

I saw that RVWanderlust used a product called Vortex to protect the front of their motorhome, but at $4,000 that's way out of my budget.

If not a spray-on bed liner, any other suggestions to restore and protect the lower front of the trailer?

happykraut

I have not seen any spray-on bed liners up front, but I have see diamond plate all around the front compartment door.

porthole

Retired
I have seen a couple of 5th wheels at RV shows that had a rhino or line-x type coating on the front.

Would be an easy way to clean up the front of your trailer without doing a lot of body work.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
If done neatly I can't see why that wouldn't work. You might also want to add one of those skirts to the rear of your TV to reduce the debris from making it to your fiver.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You could also look into a auto vinyl "wrap" from a sign company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP_CS

Alot of the sprayliner places are doing colors now to. The right place should be able to fix you up with something that will look nicer than the traditional black you always see. Also as a previous poster said look into a rock sheild for your truck. I'd get a set of rock tamers or something similar.