2 fireplaces, but not at same time

NYSUPstater

Our coach has 2 fireplaces (LR & BR). Ran the BR one all night over the w/e and it cycled on/off w/o a problem as temps dipped down to upper 40's. Woke up around 6am, went into LR and turned that 1 on to warm things up before heading down and shortly thereafter, the BR FP quit working. LR 1 was still working. Checked all the breakers and fuses....all AOK. Grabbed the outlet tester and no power. Turned off then on the FP breaker and outlet worked. LR FP never quit, just the BR FP. Is this normal? IMO, didn't think they were drawing that much juice like the A/C's would. Same breaker? Weak Breaker? Breaker BTW never appeared to be tripped (15amp).

avvidclif

We only have one but it's a 750/1500w. On 1500w that's 12.5A which is right up there with a running AC.

Watts divided by voltage gives amps. 1500/120 = 12.5 Microwave 1000/120 = 8.3

LBR

If you have a Power Command, it may have shed your BR FP when the LR FP was turned on, effectively allowing only one at a time.

NYSUPstater

LBR--I have no clue if we have this or not (Power Command).

We just dropped off the coach at dealer for warranty work they didn't finish last time there and asked them about it. Gal thought a bigger breaker will work (20amp now). Told her just like I wrote above. See what they come up with (if anything).

CCH

We spoke with the BC factory rep a couple weeks ago - he said the power management would only allow one at a time to work on a 3560

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertaPF

We recently purchased a 2017 BC 3965 DSS and found out through a posting on Facebook regarding a Montana 5th wheel, that we cannot run both fireplaces at the same time. The fireplaces are on a 15 amp circuit with a relay switch that will prevent them from running at the same time. I called Heartland to double check and they said that is correct as two fireplaces will draw too many amps. Why they didn't put the fireplaces are two different dedicated circuits surprises me. My question: has anyone solved this problem by adding another circuit and if so, can you share your process? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: