new ac unit

RDaniels

Im needing to replace 1 of my roof top ac units ...1996 Dolphin 535 .... currently my system is 2 - 13,500 btu 115/20 amp units ... Each on its own 20 amp breaker ..... For a few dollars more I can get the 15,000 btu unit .... The specs are

• Capacity range of this series (BTUs) 15,000
  • Power (V/Hz) 115 / 60 / 1 Ph When I talked to the distrubiter, they said it needs 30 amps on start up ???? and then drops to
  • Compressor-rated load amps: 13.2 ...... Will this work with the 20 amp circuit ????

esscobra

look at the attwood units or the coleman mach unit that have ps in name for power saver- I added one as second a/c on previous trailer and it worked well and was able to run both of Honda generator

wdk450

My 15K BTU Duo Therm is rated at 13.2 amps and is on a 20 amp breaker. I can tell you from very recent experience in an over 105 degree California Central Valley heat wave that when the incoming voltage gets down to about 105 volts, the AC is now pulling 20 amps (as measured at the breaker box with a clamp-on ammeter), and the breaker trips. Fortunately, the AC power voltage got better. No under 100 degree forecasts in today's 10 day forecast.