Ever have a period while FTing when everything went wrong?

Seren

Been full timing for the last 3 years in our Landmark and have had an interesting few months.
- electric surge burnt out red wire on the main cable (cable that connects to shore power) connects to auto reel. Since it took about a week to isolate the problem and only one leg worked...
- the converter was not charging the batteries and both batteries had to be replaced
- residential refrigerator broke loose from the metal bracket that connects to the back wall
- roller on slide under refrigerator broke
- leaf spring broke which caused undue wear on tires
- bought 4 new RV tires and had them installed at the shop
- after driving 90 miles one of the tires came off and rolled down the road with us.
- had to replace hub
- three mice found a home in our RV (got rid of them with a little bit of peanut butter on sticky traps.
- and today at a new campground while auto leveling, hydraulic fluid squirted onto the ground from a hose popping off the crimped end.
Almost all of it has happened while we have been exploring Colorado. I know things happen, but my wife is freaking out and is unsure if she wants us to continue full timing. On the other hand, I sure have learned a lot about fixing things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wdk450

Been full timing for the last 3 years in our Landmark and have had an interesting few months.
- electric surge burnt out red wire on the main cable (cable that connects to shore power) connects to auto reel. Since it took about a week to isolate the problem and only one leg worked...
- the converter was not charging the batteries and both batteries had to be replaced
- residential refrigerator broke loose from the metal bracket that connects to the back wall
- after driving 90 miles one of the tires came off and rolled down the road with us.
- had to replace hub
- three mice found a home in our RV (got rid of them with a little bit of peanut butter on sticky traps.
- and today at a new campground while auto leveling, hydraulic fluid squirted onto the ground from a hose popping off the crimped end.
Almost all of it has happened while we have been exploring Colorado. I know things happen, but my wife is freaking out and is unsure if she wants us to continue full timing. On the other hand, I sure have learned a lot about fixing things.

Just think about the Dodger's season until now (8/31/17). The were having a winning season of record proportions. All of the sudden they have lost 9 in a row. They will still be all right. So will you. Some of us have our problems one at a time almost continuously, others have no problems whatsoever then suddenly have a deluge, like you had. It will even out.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I just started full-timing two months ago in Colorado.

While I haven't had the same issues, we've had three deep freezes since I've been living in my Prowler.

I've had several issues...mostly minor.

I'm supposed to roll south in a week and I've just discovered that my outside shower must have frozen up and has been leaking under the coroplast (not sure how long).

I am going to maybe tear into this issue today, but most likely tomorrow as it is supposed to be much warmer outside.

I think I've isolated the problem to the faucet itself as when I open the hot water knob it leaks from behind the knob, but when closed, the water drips behind the faucet and into the belly of the trailer.

What I'd really like to do is to close off the outside shower, but to get to the start of the water lines I'd have to drop most of the coroplast.

I may just remove the faucet and plug the lines there for now until I get to a warmer climate (and a cement pad under the Prowler) and then drop the coroplast.

ProwlerLeakingOutsideShowerFaucet-P3191815.jpg

danemayer

- had to replace hub

Any chance the refrigerator, slide roller, leaf spring, and tire coming off were all on the same side?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Anything is easy when all is going well. You have been doing this for 3 years and things just haven't been going well recently? Sounds like a good track record. This too shall pass. Keep on keeping on and safe travels.

carl.swoyer

- had to replace hub

In regards to the broken leaf spring.
When that happened to me the trailer weight is shifted to opposite side. When mine broke I had frame failure.
Not trying to ruin your day, but eyeball the frame. My I beam was bent and twisted. I also had a crack. So do a chassis inspection. My first clue was slides not sealing when open and my island had lifted up off the floor.
Best of luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We've been full-timing for about a month now and I'm wondering if there isn't a time when everything falls apart. Started with getting the camper stick twice while trying to access our deeded lot, once having to have a tow truck pull us out, then a busted propane regulator. Followed by the main bathroom door locking my daughter and then my wife in the bathroom. Followed by my niece flooding the back half of the camper which I'm working on now having to treat out all the carpet and a few walls.

"It will all work itself out" is or motto. For perspective though, both houses we had also had numerous, major issues as well. Our first house flooded due to a busted water heater, then a leading washer that provided a real nice water feature down or living-room wall. The townhouse after that required all new Windows and the front faucet busted requiring me to tear out the wall in the Fourier, while our 6 month hold was hospitalized for 4 days fire to respiratory issues. So, life isn't easy. Just got to roll with the punches and keep moving forward enjoying the good stuff as you go.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We’ve been fulltiming for eleven years and have learned to just deal with thing like your have listed. Yes you will encounter problems with your mobile lifestyle. I also encounter problems living in our sticks and bricks I had to deal with. I much prefer this lifestyle.

” Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Seren

Any chance the refrigerator, slide roller, leaf spring, and tire coming off were all on the same side?

Yes, but the tire coming off was because of the company that fixed the leaf spring not tightening the lugnuts on one tire properly. Everything is fixed now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

In regards to the broken leaf spring.
When that happened to me the trailer weight is shifted to opposite side. When mine broke I had frame failure.
Not trying to ruin your day, but eyeball the frame. My I beam was bent and twisted. I also had a crack. So do a chassis inspection. My first clue was slides not sealing when open and my island had lifted up off the floor.
Best of luck.

Thats Exactly what happened to my 07. Broken leaf spring and complete frame failure. Thank God I had Full replacement insurance.