Storage bay locks

I have a Big Country, 3596RE 5th wheel. We have ours in a storage yard and there has been an incidence where other RV's have been broken into. Each time they have gained access through normal keyed locks but not any barrel keyed locks. Question: Can the current Storage Bay Locks with flat keys be replaced with locks using barrel keys? Thanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a Big Country, 3596RE 5th wheel. We have ours in a storage yard and there has been an incidence where other RV's have been broken into. Each time they have gained access through normal keyed locks but not any barrel keyed locks. Question: Can the current Storage Bay Locks with flat keys be replaced with locks using barrel keys? Thanks.

I replaced all of the CH751 flat key locks with tubular ones. Measure the length of the barrel on the current locks and order accordingly. Will they defeat the determined criminal, probably not, but they will defeat the quick opportunist walking around with that universal CH751 key.

And yes, I put one on my propane cabinet, too. It's locked while in storage or when we're not at our seasonal site for an extended period.