Can't turn on Thermo King Power Inverter

Ann&Ted

I normally turn off the the Thermo King Power inverter whenever I am plugged into shore power. Since I have 50 amp service at home, I never turn on the inverter until I am ready to hook up and and get on the road. Unfortunately, now when I hit the power button on the control panel, nothing happens. Thank goodness our last trip was short enough the the refrigerator and freezer stayed cold. I tried the inverter with the shore power still on prior to leaving the campground, and it worked. Now, getting ready to travel to Colorado and Utah, it will not work again. I have not taken the control panel apart, but have checked the fuses and circuit breakers. Evidently, per the operator manual, I can leave the control panel powered on all the time, even when attached to shore power.

Anyone have any idea as to what the issue may be?

Oregon_Camper

When you have shore power applied, how do you know the inverter is working and the frig isn't just work on direct shore power?

Assuming your inverter is wired through a transfer switch, with the output of the transfer switch go to distribution panel or a sub-panel?

Are your batteries fully charged? Can you test them with the RV unplugged from shore power?

Ann&Ted

Thanks for the questions. I will have to disconnect the shore power and test to see if the batteries are low. As far as the question about the panels and sub panels, I cannot answer those questions. I have a small control panel inside the RV with a green power button and a select button. When the system worked, the button would actually "click" when pressed. It does not do that now. Over a year ago, I had a problem that the batteries would not charge and was instructed on how to "find and check" the small 50 amp circuit breaker. The battery voltage was extremely low, but the power inverter control worked and show a low voltage error condition. After resetting the breaker, the batteries charged and all was normal. The last time I have the RV on the road, when the inverter finally started working, the voltages in the controller panel showed 13.5 volts.

Of course, I searched for this model inverter on the web and it doesn't show up anywhere, even in the Thermo King website. I have a feeling they are not made or available anymore.

LBR

Check your inverter for a reset button somewhere... similar to a recepticle GFI ...it may or may not have one.

Ann&Ted

Check your inverter for a reset button somewhere... similar to a recepticle GFI ...it may or may not have one.

Thanks for the response LBR. I did check and it does have a reset button. All good there.