Pin Height

dieselengineer

Charter Member
I am in the process of setting up my hitch height before I take delivery of my 3400RL. What is the normally setting for the pin? I am looking for the vertical distance from the pin plate to the underside of the front of the camper. With this measurement I can do the math for the hitch setting. Thanks Jim

phranc

Jim , I will give you a start untill someone who can measure theirs chimes in..
I took delivery and just hooked er up, The 3600 rides level with the way the factory set the pin height. I have 8 or 10 in between truck rails and underside of camper. The hitch is a reese/drawtite signature series and is in the top hole. Hope this helps untill you get more info.

phranc

Tallest. Oh Yea BTW , the dodge is a 4x4 and my original concern would be that the truck would be too tall.. That turned out to be a non-issue..
Jim .what brand of truck will you be using ??

dieselengineer

Charter Member
phranc
I have a 05 dodge 3500, SRD, 4x4, 6 speed, CTD with a valley (husky) 16k hitch. I also has concern about the truck being too tall, however this does not appear to be an issue. I just like to have one less thing to do (adjust the hitch) when I pickup the camper. I take it, with your reese hitch in the top setting, it is about 18 inches off of the truck bed. Jim

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Phranc
Thanks alot, with this information I can set my hitch and with a little luck I will be good to go. Now, it is the waiting game for when the factory can have the camper built. Hey guys at the factory, keep up the good work, I am counting on you. Jim