2017 torque 345.. no power to backup camera... problem solved...

Hey everyone.. new to the forum.. thanks for all the good information btw..

Thought I would share some information of my own. I attempted to install the Furion camera to the pre-wired mount on the back of the toy hauler. I bought the rear observation unit as opposed to the backup camera.
When I mounted it, I plugged the camera in and had no power. I searched thru all the helpful information on the various forms, checked the fuse holder in the battery compartment, tried the empty fuse holders in the fuse panel, no luck.
So today I removed the bracket itself, and started pulling the power wire out of the larger hole that was drilled in the wall, half expecting it not to be connected, but it was... I checked the power at the connection, and yes it had 13 volts to it. (there is about 6 feet of black power wire that connects to the camera before you get to the yellow and white wire inside the unit btw)
Turns out the factory had wired it backwards, it had positive and negative reversed. So I swapped the connections, soldered the leads, taped it all up real good in case I ever needed to pull the wires back out of that little hole again.
Of course now I had power to the camera all the time. I started pulling fuses out of the fuse panel to see which one powered it. Turns out it is connected to fuse # 7 that runs the vent fan in the ceiling in the garage.
I didn't go thru trying to mount a switch, figured I would just pull that fuse if it became a problem.
Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone else ran into the same issue I did...
Camera works great in the driveway... very wide angle, should allow me to see three lanes of traffic behind me..
Have a good day... and Happy Camping..