Thankful to have a TT!

My family and I were one of the many impacted by Harvey. We got 2 feet of water in our home and had to gut the entire first floor. While many of my neighbors are having to stay at hotels we were able to bring our M26 home and have been staying in it while we work on the house. It's been nice having access to a kitchen and fridge, even if on a smaller level than we usually do. It's also been nice being able to stay onsite to watch over everything. Looks like we'll be staying in camp driveway for a while :). No complaints though. All things considered we're in much better shape than a lot of our fellow Houstonians. Anyway, like the title says I'm glad we have our trailer. It's made a bad situation just a little more bearable.

Garypowell

I appreciate your positive outlook. Our house has moved out of Irene's direct path. In fact we left in June in our rig and not scheduled back until mid October. But if the house goes we have thought the same thing about the blessing of having a second home!

PondSkum

Glad to hear that you have a good place to sleep! When Harvey was headed our way, I made sure to get fuel for the generator, and prepared to use the RW in case of power failure/flooding. We are thankful to not have to use it for either. I hope your home repairs go smoothly. I have lots of family members that flooded in Louisiana just last year, and several friends that flooded during Harvey here in TX.

B

BouseBill

Best of Luck, hope your rebuilding goes as smoothly as possible and you get your life back to normal:D

I appreciate your positive outlook. Our house has moved out of Irene's direct path. In fact we left in June in our rig and not scheduled back until mid October. But if the house goes we have thought the same thing about the blessing of having a second home!

Indeed! For me just being able to stay onsite has made our trailer investment more than worth it. I suspect when this is all said and done a few of our neighbors will be the proud new owners of some camping equipment too! :) I've already had a few come by to admire the M26 :)

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear that you have a good place to sleep! When Harvey was headed our way, I made sure to get fuel for the generator, and prepared to use the RW in case of power failure/flooding. We are thankful to not have to use it for either. I hope your home repairs go smoothly. I have lots of family members that flooded in Louisiana just last year, and several friends that flooded during Harvey here in TX.

I stocked up on some extra fuel too before the storm. We were ready to run off of generator power if needed. Fortunately we never lost power so I've been able to tap into the house for all of my electrical needs. I feel bad for everyone that was affected. But we've had a TON of volunteers come through to help out. Lots of good people out here doing good!

- - - Updated - - -

Best of Luck, hope your rebuilding goes as smoothly as possible and you get your life back to normal:D

Thank you! We're starting with the drywall work this week. The rest may take a while but we're ok with that. BTW, we're "experts" in this home repair business stuff now - we flooded last year during the Houston "Tax Day Floods". If anyone has someone they aren't too fond of in the Houston area, I'll have a beautiful, freshly remodeled home for sale in a few months so send them my way! LOL.