New Type of PEX Crimp Rings - (No Special Tools Needed?)

wdk450

Gang:
I am having some trouble with my freshwater PEX tubing distribution plumbing, and decided I needed a PEX crimping tool and PEX crimp rings before i started in disassembling the tubing. Well, the PEX crimper with rings i ordered on E-Bay shipped from San Bernadino, Ca. to Porterville, Ca. arrived with the UPS shipping pouch slit open and the crimper and crimp rings missing. I notified the seller and IMMEDIATELY got my purchase price refunded.

I was looking around the internet this morning for PEX stuff and decided to check out the Sears.com site. Under crimp rings I found a new type of crimp ring that should be able to be installed with vice grips or large pliers. These "Pexloc" rings have a snap together collar that only snaps together when the crimp ring is tight enough. The other interesting thing I found (with a little more websearch) is that the crimp rings are made by Elkhart Supply, an electrical and plumbing vendor to the RV industry. There were best known to me before for making my 50 amp transfer switch.

Here is a link to their webpage on their PEX stuff: https://www.escousa.net/plumbing/pexlock/ .

Chopperno1

Last time we went camping a buddy had a blow out and it damaged his low point drain. We cut out the section with pen crimp rings and installed shark bite t fitting and new shark bite on off valve for the low point. Was a lot cheaper than buying the special pex tools at lowes

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have the Sharkbite and the crimp fittings in my repair kit. And I actually like the crimp fittings better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

If there's space to work, crimp rings and standard fittings are inexpensive and easy to use, once you have the crimping tool.

If space is limited, press-on Sharkbite fittings are worth the money.