TST pressure reading versus Vair 400P readings

rjr6150

Monitor my pressures daily and invariably there is a 4-5 lbs difference between what the Vair gauge reads and what the TST monitor says.

I'm thinking just to use the Vair reading. It's a PIA to try and match even with the flow through valves.

Thoughts?

rxbristol

I have a calibrated gauge that I use to compare with the Viair and the TST. I know how much each one is off compared to the calibrated gauge and go from there.

LBR

Monitor my pressures daily and invariably there is a 4-5 lbs difference between what the Vair gauge reads and what the TST monitor says.

I'm thinking just to use the Vair reading. It's a PIA to try and match even with the flow through valves.

Thoughts?
My thinking of this system should be monitored with a "trending" thought, not actual numbers. Watch the trend like you would the stock market to suspect a problem instead of comparing to several gauges that may all read a bit differently than the TPMS readings.

If stock drops instantly, it is a concern to stop whatever your doing and deal with it ASAP!

If stock slowly heads downward, take care of it at your first chance.

If the the stock looks the same from morning to morning comparisons, don't give it a second thought.

RoadJunkie

A man with two watches never knows what time it is. Don't expect either one to be calibrated to the national bureau of standards, just get close enough for government work.

Aandaar

My TPMS is also off about 3 psi. I use a calibrated air gauge to fill and the compare the TPMS. At 110psi my TPMS reads between 113 & 114. I use that reading for baseline and set all the alarms off that number. It seams to work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Thoughts?

Mine isn't exactly on, but it is only about 2 pounds difference. I have the 507 monitoring system. To me plus or minus 2 psi is acceptable tolerance.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have a Sears portable compressor (AC). Tony uses a nice digital air gauge, but we noticed TST monitor was always 2lbs lower. He had the gauge tested for accuracy in Goshen, and found it 2lbs low. So now we know to fill to 112, we'll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjr6150

Thanks everyone. Going to do a baseline on the TST side and just adjust my Vair based on that.

Manzan

I have the TST 507 and one reads just a little lower in both temperature and tire pressure than the others. I don't worry about it at all as long as it is consistent.