Gas Grill question

Ffemtp613

I have a 2014 silverado 37 QB equipped with an outdoor kitchen.

I have a quick connect hose that connects from a port near the frame rail to the 2 burner stove. I want to find a way to connect this hose to a small propane grill that currently uses the green propane cylinders.

Anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

thanks,

John

danemayer

The 1 lb bottle grills usually have a regulator built in where the bottle attaches. The quick connect on your trailer is after the regulator that's attached to the propane tank.

With 2 regulators, there may be insufficient gas pressure to operate the grill.

I think some people have found a connecting hose that screws into your existing grill, replacing the regulator. Hopefully someone will point you to a source for that type.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Yes, as Dan mentioned you will have insufficient gas pressure without modifying your existing BBQ. I have a Weber Q that I modified that works great using my LM 365's existing gas line after installing a quick connect fitting on the coach as well as removing the pressure regulator on the BBQ. I purchased all the necessary hardware from Amazon and found the necessary directions online.

NYSUPstater

Dan is spot on in regards to gas pressure. Buddy of mine wants to add a quick connect for same reason as OP. However, I spoke w/our old RV dealer on what he is trying to do and replied w/exact same answer as Dan. Either you use a separate LP tank OR get and adapter that goes between existing onboard tank/regulator where there is a fitting to attach a hose for whatever gas appliance you want to use. Won't interfere with gas going to rest of RV.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Dan is spot on in regards to gas pressure. Buddy of mine wants to add a quick connect for same reason as OP. However, I spoke w/our old RV dealer on what he is trying to do and replied w/exact same answer as Dan. Either you use a separate LP tank OR get and adapter that goes between existing onboard tank/regulator where there is a fitting to attach a hose for whatever gas appliance you want to use. Won't interfere with gas going to rest of RV.

That's true if you want to tee off of the high pressure side, I wanted to run off of the low pressure side eliminating possibilities of high pressure leakages.

Like I already mentioned mine works great and I can also use my BBQ with the portable tanks if necessary being I fitted the old BBQ regulator and fitting to a quick fitting also.

Chopperno1

I was able to accomplish the task by purchasing the low pressure valve designed for the cheaper RV BBQ and swapping the part that goes into the grill I wanted to use. I also use a camp chef 2 burner stove with oven off my low pressure lp by purchasing an additional camp chef regulator removed the regulator piece and purchasing a brass fitting to connect directly to low pressure port on camper.

Disclaimer: sorry if this does not make sense but have not had power since Irma and am just worn out.

redevil

Anyone find a quick connect splitter for the RV Low pressure line? The only one I can find is the Torjik brand http://torjik.com/#_quicky

Looking to use my Camp Chef 2 burner along with my outdoor kitchen 2 burner that is attached on the trailer.

Chopperno1

Anyone find a quick connect splitter for the RV Low pressure line? The only one I can find is the Torjik brand http://torjik.com/#_quicky

Looking to use my Camp Chef 2 burner along with my outdoor kitchen 2 burner that is attached on the trailer.

That is what I use in conjunction with my BBq. You will also need to purchase an additional regulator for the camp chef and remove the regulator portion and replace with the rv hose to rv quick connect I will try to add a picture of mine later so you can get a better idea.

redevil

That is what I use in conjunction with my BBq. You will also need to purchase an additional regulator for the camp chef and remove the regulator portion and replace with the rv hose to rv quick connect I will try to add a picture of mine later so you can get a better idea.

Additional regulator for the Camp Chef? I have the RV quick connect hose that I changed over as I am directly connecting it to the quick connect on the trailer. Just want to be able to use the smaller trailer burners on the outside kitchen.

How did you find the overall pressure from the quick connect low pressure line on the trailer while using this splitter? Or do you have a high pressure quick connect line on the trailer which is why you are using a regulator for the Camp Chef?