Ceiling fan install in Cyclone 4005

tlptp1

Has anyone installed a 12v ceiling fan in a Cyclone toyhauler living room? If so, where did you get the 12v power supply from? I am looking into a 36" with remote control (no wall switch).

danemayer

Hi tlptp1,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get some ideas shortly.

BILLnSAL

Hello and welcome! Just curious as to why you would choose a 12V ceiling fan when you have a gen on board? Seems to me that you would not get much run time on batteries alone. In a 12V application you will need to go straight to the fuse panel for power since all 12V lights in the ceiling are wired in series. If the fan is 120V you could use the hot leg of a receptacle that would be close to the installation location. I looked in my unit and would be concerned that the slides would not close without hitting the blades on a 36" fan even if was a ceiling hugger type. To your advantage there is a ceiling joist near the center of the living area to hang the fan from. Good luck!

tlptp1

Thanks for the info. The reason for choosing a 12v fan was to eleminate having to make a 110v power run from the breaker box. I was thinking of picking up 12v power from either of the smoke detectors in the living room and using wire molding to conceal the wire run. I have not taken a measurement of the clearance between the opposing slides, I hope there is enough room. The fan I am considering is a ceiling hugger and the lowest point from the ceiling is 5 1/2".