What bulb to replace wall lamp??

ross0547

Hi!
Our lamp between the two windows in our 2012 Heartland Sundance has a burnt out bulb. The roof bulbs trip the fuse for that circuit. So we bought a dc bulb with two tips at the bottom of the bulb, one on each side. However it lites up, but doesn't seat properly in the socket. Does anyone know the specs for a proper bulb?
Thanks,
Ross

richheck

Seasoned Member
Look closely at the base of the bulb, there should be a number on it identifying what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DougS

Doug S
Mine on the back wall are 1076. I could not find it in the auto parts store, but I found it in a campground store under the Camco name. I'm sure RV stores carry them.

ross0547

Thanks for your quick response; my problem is I discarded the old one, and the new one: 1076 12v320P lights up, but the two "pins" at the bottom don't seat properly! Also the shade is very tight and I don't want to force it to get a closer look at the socket!!
Look closely at the base of the bulb, there should be a number on it identifying what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, the one I tried to replace is indeed a 1076, as well. It lights up, but doesn't seem to seat properly.
Thanks....
Mine on the back wall are 1076. I could not find it in the auto parts store, but I found it in a campground store under the Camco name. I'm sure RV stores carry them.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Did you try to re-insert it after turning it 180 degrees? Also need to verify if any foreign matter is in old light base.

ross0547

Thanks for the tip..I had a guest come in to insert it, but no luck either. May be something in the base.
The 1076 has the two latch pins at the same level, so it can go in either direction. I have now burned out three in the two rear lights in our 2017 BH3575el. We been living in it for the last year and use the lights a lot. I bought a ten pack.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-54780-...d=1505578036&sr=8-1&keywords=1076+bulb+for+rv

Thanks to everyone for their responses. At least I know it is the proper bulb. Good tip about checking the base as well!
Did you try to re-insert it after turning it 180 degrees? Also need to verify if any foreign matter is in old light base.

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOKING

Thanks for the tip..I had a guest come in to insert it, but no luck either. May be something in the base.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to everyone for their responses. At least I know it is the proper bulb. Good tip about checking the base as well!

You have to press down and turn it about a 1/16-1/8 turn to lock it in. Chris