Carpeting buckling bedroom and living room

We have a 2015 Big Country Fiver that we purchased in December 2015. We noticed the carpeting is coming loose and
buckling or wrinkling in several spots. Any idea what causes this?:mad:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had some buckling in our 2016 purchased in Jan 2016. Dealer stretched and stapled down in places. It seems that depending on the weather, it sometimes still tries to do it, but eventually flattens out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

Very easy to correct by yourself. Unlike a house where the carpet needs some serious stretching, an RV carpet can be pulled up, laid back down and stapled in place. The only bad thing is there will be multiple staples to pull out. When I laid new carpet in the slides I laid the carpet down and only stapled against the walls and it stays perfectly in place. RV carpet is cheaper than cheap and will stretch over a short period of time--usually wearing out at the same time.

We had some buckling in our 2016 purchased in Jan 2016. Dealer stretched and stapled down in places. It seems that depending on the weather, it sometimes still tries to do it, but eventually flattens out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, that will help

- - - Updated - - -

Very easy to correct by yourself. Unlike a house where the carpet needs some serious stretching, an RV carpet can be pulled up, laid back down and stapled in place. The only bad thing is there will be multiple staples to pull out. When I laid new carpet in the slides I laid the carpet down and only stapled against the walls and it stays perfectly in place. RV carpet is cheaper than cheap and will stretch over a short period of time--usually wearing out at the same time.

Thanks for the info.

vancerog

We had the same issue in our 2016 Bighorn, especially in the living room. We just took out the two couches that were in the opposing slides and restretched the carpet. Took about 2 hours to do with a knee kicker and power stapler, but worked great. Reinstalled the two couches and ready to start traveling again.