Furring igniter

CoveredWagon

Has anyone ever replaced an igniter on a Furrion gas oven. Ours doesn't work. I was able to get the fire lit with a flame and we were able to cook like normal, just no spark, no click, no nuttin. Gas range which is separate works just fine.

danemayer

Thanks Dan, that's the range I'm talking about the oven. I will store the info away for future use though.
'The oven has 12V DC power that probably operates the igniter and gas valve, along with other components. Check the main fuse box for the coach to see if you have a blown fuse.

CoveredWagon

'The oven has 12V DC power that probably operates the igniter and gas valve, along with other components. Check the main fuse box for the coach to see if you have a blown fuse.

Thanks again Dan.i really appreciate you keep trying to help us. I did look at the fuse panel but saw nothing marked for the oven. I also dicounted lost of power as the it's all 12 volt, best I can tell, and since the blower, the light (inside) and the digital display all work I'm guessing the unit has power. Reading he owners manual it only mentions a 12 volt supply.
i did send an email to Furrion support and received a reply stating, mail received and I will receive a reply shortly. Time will tell.

WolfPack

Thanks again Dan.i really appreciate you keep trying to help us. I did look at the fuse panel but saw nothing marked for the oven. I also dicounted lost of power as the it's all 12 volt, best I can tell, and since the blower, the light (inside) and the digital display all work I'm guessing the unit has power. Reading he owners manual it only mentions a 12 volt supply.
i did send an email to Furrion support and received a reply stating, mail received and I will receive a reply shortly. Time will tell.
Hello, What did you find out on this? It seems that the gas valve is not working for our stove and oven?

KBurnham

Hello . . . We are currently living in a 2018 Heartland North Trail and while having periodic difficulty getting the oven to ignite, we hadn't experienced any difficulty with the range burners until now. They will eventually ignite while the ignition knob is continually turned on the range front, but meanwhile the smell of propane gas gets stronger and stronger. We've resorted to lighting the burners with a match. We bought this trailer 2nd hand and there is no manual for the Furrion stove. I have no idea how to troubleshoot for this problem. Attached is a photo of our Furrion stove. If anyone can help me figure this out, I'd be most appreciative! Thank you . . . Kathleen

Attachments

• 20230223_114511.jpg
    20230223_114511.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Kathleen, remove the grate and then lift the black drip pan. Check the wires for the igniter.
My igniter wire has a habit of coming off, yours might as well.

Peace
Dave

centerline

also, in addition to what cookie said, remove the igniter wires and check them thoroughly for bare spots..... I just repaired a unit that had all but one of the igniter wires worn thru and the insulation was cracked in spots.... it worked sometimes, but not dependably, so I just installed heat shink tube over the entire length of them for a quick, long lasting repair....

KBurnham

Hi Cookie and Centerline . . .

Thank you for your responses.

(1) I can't figure out how to lift the black drip pan. When I try to lift just the black pan, the left side including the stainless steel trim lifts up only so far but that is it . . . I'm afraid to try and force anything further as I don't really know what I'm doing, and
(2) I have no idea how to remove the igniter wires, if I could even see them as I can't seem to get the drip pan off.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Thanks!!!

centerline

Hi Cookie and Centerline . . .

Thank you for your responses.

(1) I can't figure out how to lift the black drip pan. When I try to lift just the black pan, the left side including the stainless steel trim lifts up only so far but that is it . . . I'm afraid to try and force anything further as I don't really know what I'm doing, and
(2) I have no idea how to remove the igniter wires, if I could even see them as I can't seem to get the drip pan off.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed?

Thanks!!!
push the drip pan firmly towards the back of the stove and you should feel some spring pressure, and once you have compressed the "spring" far enough, it should lift free....

KBurnham

Well, Centerline . . . I just tried to push the black drip pan to the back of the stovetop and it moved all off 1/32 of an inch . . . maybe. But I noticed that the metal framework on either side moved with it so I seems that they are one piece. I'm hoping to hear back from the techs at Furrion re this particular stove model. None of the manuals available on Heartland are re this model so they really don't seem to be of any help.

I can also pay a visit to the fellow that I purchased this trailer from and see if he has any suggestions, although he usually just says "call Bobby" who is the only RV/travel trailer mechanic in our entire county.

Thanks again for your help!

K

centerline

Well, Centerline . . . I just tried to push the black drip pan to the back of the stovetop and it moved all off 1/32 of an inch . . . maybe. But I noticed that the metal framework on either side moved with it so I seems that they are one piece. I'm hoping to hear back from the techs at Furrion re this particular stove model. None of the manuals available on Heartland are re this model so they really don't seem to be of any help.

I can also pay a visit to the fellow that I purchased this trailer from and see if he has any suggestions, although he usually just says "call Bobby" who is the only RV/travel trailer mechanic in our entire county.

Thanks again for your help!

K
im not sure what model you have, but I got this off the internet... maybe it will help... "To remove the Furrion stove top and oven: Lift up on the back of the folding lid and slide it back so the two tabs in the front pull out of the slots. Remove the four screws, using a drill/driver, in both sides of the top. On the oven model, open the oven door and remove the two screws, one each side".

KBurnham

OMG! That totally worked! Now I can clean that area and look to see if I can figure out the ignition problem. Thank you so much for this information. It was so helpful and made the removal of the drip pan completely easy.

KBurnham

I don't see any poor connections, fraying, bare spots, etc. I cleaned around everything as best I could, but I don't see any reason for the ignition problems we are having other than perhaps the ignition knob eventually wears out or something like that. But at least I now know how to remove the spill pan!

Roller4tan

If you turn the knob and it clicks, but you don't see a spark, check the gap from the igniter to ground near the burner.

KBurnham

Roller4tan . . .

I see a spark, just not immediately as per usual. Eventually the burners will light. I'm not seeingthe problem with just one of the burners; they've all simultaneously started not igniting with the first click of the ignition knob. The oven has always taken a ong time to ignite which I now know is usual for the Furrion ovens, per a video I watched on YouTube. But the burner situation is unusual, for me anyway, and when I checkd the wires after removing the drip pan they all appeared to be in good shape, attached properly, etc. I don't necessarily know what I am looking at, however, so I suppose there could be something I am missing. I have noticed that the burner igniters will often spark when I am trying to light the oven though, which seems odd. I have the oven knob turned to the "flame" icon, pushed in, and am turning the igniter knob. The oven igniter will not spark but the burner knobs will. It's all a mystery to me.

When you say "check the gap from the igniter to ground" what am I checking for? What specifically do you mean?

Thank you for your reply!

Dahillbilly

"gap " is the distance from the ignitor tip over to the gas burner; 1/4" should be about right the spark will jump the "gap" to light the burner when you turn the knob. All of the burners & the oven light off of the same knob on our stovetop/oven