Backup camera 🐩

8paws

Have a question? We have a 5th wheel, and would like to know where any of you have mounted your back up camera? It is wireless, but needs power to it. Where did you get power and did you mount the camera high or low?

Robsterling

Have a question? We have a 5th wheel, and would like to know where any of you have mounted your back up camera? It is wireless, but needs power to it. Where did you get power and did you mount the camera high or low?

What type of RV do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rhodies1

Mount it high and keep it below you clearance lights or you will get the glare from the light when using at night.

justafordguy

I got the Furrion also, works great. Mine wasn't pre-wired but was very easy to mount bellow the rear center running light.

dave10a

I have the wireless Voyager, It works well. Most of the Digital Cameras have to follow the same FCC rules on power and therefore run at max specification. That being the case I suspect they all have similar reception characteristics. The difference is how well they establish a ground plane so when traveling the signal strength is good and does not wag out when using as a rear view camera. Also if the receiver has lines and distance markers. The Voyager has a ground plane, but no markers which could come in handy while backing. Field of view is also important to see the most. I connected the power on mine to the marker lights. That means my lights must be on all the time to be used as a rear view as well as a backing camera. That is ok for me for safety reasons while traveling. BTY digital cameras have advantages over analog.

Oregon_Camper

.... Also if the receiver has lines and distance markers. The Voyager has a ground plane, but no markers which could come in handy while backing.

While on the way home from camping last weekend, I had my wife film our camera (while we were in a huge gridlock of traffic). I'l add this to our Blog soon, but just wanted to show you what our screen shows and the distance markers. You can see I'm in the middle lane (of 3) and I can easily see all 3 lanes of traffic behind me. I meant to tilt the camera up one click, to see further behind me, as it is currently set to watch my motorcycle while we drive (which we didn't take on last trip)

Capture.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have ours mounted in the front window just like OregonCamper, and plug it into the cigarette lighter plug. The camera is mounted at the back, at the top, as mentioned in earlier posts.
8c7b10a7145e6443a05209936723c566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srcooke

I connected mine to the running lights, so if I want to use it while driving, I just turn my lights on.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk