Water leak, 2008 Heartland Big Coutry 2950 RK

With the pump off, no pressure in the system, I have a fairly rapid drip near a drain valve on the driver's side. The drain valve is by itself, but it itself is not leaking, the water is just coming through where the pipe protrudes through the insulation cover. There is a hot and cold water drain on the passenger side.

How big a job is it to remove the plastic panel so I can get to the leaking pipe. It must be coming from a fresh water tank fitting?

Any tips, suggestions or advice appreciated before I dig in.

THanks in advance!
Marty
Mesa, AZ

danemayer

Re: Water leak, 2008 Heartland Big Country 2950 RK

Hi Marty,

On a drop-frame model, the front section of corrugated plastic (coroplast) comes down pretty easily. When putting it back up, having a 2nd person helps a lot.

The rear section is more difficult because the front is trapped at the frame transition and the rear is tucked into the rear cap. You may have to cut 3 sides of a rectangle to gain access and then tape it back together when done. Leave the front edge of the rectangle intact so that air flow will help maintain the closure.

When removing the screws that hold the coroplast, it's helpful to use an impact wrench.

Re: Water leak, 2008 Heartland Big Country 2950 RK

Hi Marty,

On a drop-frame model, the front section of corrugated plastic (coroplast) comes down pretty easily. When putting it back up, having a 2nd person helps a lot.

The rear section is more difficult because the front is trapped at the frame transition and the rear is tucked into the rear cap. You may have to cut 3 sides of a rectangle to gain access and then tape it back together when done. Leave the front edge of the rectangle intact so that air flow will help maintain the closure.

When removing the screws that hold the coroplast, it's helpful to use an impact wrench.

Thank you!
Sounds like you have been there done that.
What kind of insulation am I going to expect? Standard fiberglass?

This coach is our first RV, and we chose Heartland because of its reputation. We live in the HOT desert. The other problem I have had is the window rubber has shrunk and needs to be replaced.
I don't mind doing maintenance. I guess I have to jump around the forums depending on the topic at hand. But am glad to have this forum as a resource.
Does the parent company monitor?

Marty

danemayer

I'm not sure what kind of insulation is in a 2008 Big Country. Could be fiberglass.

Heartland General Managers monitor selected areas of the forum, but not continuously.