Bragging on my dealer and Heartland (Bighorn Traveler 37SS)

rmn72

We picked up our new Bighorn Traveler 37SS the middle of August from Davis Motorhome Mart in Memphis, TN. We left for a two week trip to Florida and middle Tennessee on 9/1.
We stopped in Montgomery, Alabama Friday night and headed to Destin Saturday morning. We were only about 12 miles out of Montgomery when we suffered a catastrophic tire failure which destroyed our passenger-side front tire and wheel. No damage to the rig but now we had no spare and we were 500 miles from home.
Since it was Labor Day weekend, there was no way to get in touch with anyone until Tuesday.
First thing Tuesday morning, we called our dealer and explained our predicament: stuck in Florida, brand new rig, no spare and A HURRICANE COMING!
David Davis said to give him a few minutes and he would take care of it. In just a couple of hours, he let us know that he had contacted the district rep who was sending us a new tire and wheel.
It arrived Friday morning at the RV park and we were able to get out before the weather got bad.
Thanks to Davis Motorhome and Heartland for stepping up and taking care of us.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Re: Bragging on my dealer and Heartland

We picked up our new Bighorn Traveler 37SS the middle of August from Davis Motorhome Mart in Memphis, TN. We left for a two week trip to Florida and middle Tennessee on 9/1.
We stopped in Montgomery, Alabama Friday night and headed to Destin Saturday morning. We were only about 12 miles out of Montgomery when we suffered a catastrophic tire failure which destroyed our passenger-side front tire and wheel. No damage to the rig but now we had no spare and we were 500 miles from home.
Since it was Labor Day weekend, there was no way to get in touch with anyone until Tuesday.
First thing Tuesday morning, we called our dealer and explained our predicament: stuck in Florida, brand new rig, no spare and A HURRICANE COMING!
David Davis said to give him a few minutes and he would take care of it. In just a couple of hours, he let us know that he had contacted the district rep who was sending us a new tire and wheel.
It arrived Friday morning at the RV park and we were able to get out before the weather got bad.
Thanks to Davis Motorhome and Heartland for stepping up and taking care of us.

Get rid of those CHINA BOMBS NOW. Up in the right corner due a search of these tires and you will find out what I mean.

rmn72

The tires are getting changed before we go on our next trip.

SNOKING

ST235/85R16E china bombs on a trailer with 15,500 GVWR. Heartland takes a step back! Put Sailun S637's on it and ask Heartland to pay for them. Chris

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Its not the regular Big Horn.

Yes but the Traveler line can have a GVWR of 15,500 and Load range E tires, and I've seen Power King tires on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travlingman

Sounds like you have a good dealer. Great response from him and Heartland.

rmn72

I have a great dealer.I am putting load range G Sailuns on before the next trip