King 8500 experience

teasac69

Did a search and don't find any direct results to my question:

Has anyone installed the King 8500 in place of your original batwing? Just wondering how to compare to the one that you mount on the batwing gear versus this one that pulls the old hardware and mounts directly to the roof??

Looking for you great input again.

thanks

Tim

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Did a search and don't find any direct results to my question:

Has anyone installed the King 8500 in place of your original batwing? Just wondering how to compare to the one that you mount on the batwing gear versus this one that pulls the old hardware and mounts directly to the roof??

Looking for you great input again.

thanks

Tim

Tim,

On our previous ElkRidge, we used the Jack Head, and swapped out just the top portion of our AntennaTek antenna. It worked pretty well to pull in stations that were 60 miles away.

When we traded coaches, the Big Country had the standard AntennaTek, but we wanted the ease of not having to worry with extending and retracting the antenna, plus the built-in meter, of the full replacement. We bought the King replacement antenna, OA8200 version, which is the design before the one you are asking about.
221485.jpg.thumb_prod_infoprod_info_100x80_f72ac6d38de5e588cf009c05f0ef2824.jpg

With the King, We can get some of the stations but not all, that we could from King head only. This could be due to height, or obstructions such as trees -- but we are in the exact same RV sight when using both versions.

If I had it to do over, I would have opted for the replacement head, because it is able to be raised higher. However, with the full replacement, I do like the ability to see signal strength when rotating the antenna. Rotate to get the most lights, and you're done.