3950 lifting jacks

PUG

Pug
My 3950 grunts and groans and usually popped the circuit breaker fuse if lifting a foot or so. I installed a resetting type of circuit breaker and that has helped but it will still pop it if lifting very far. Is this normal? Could I put a heavier fuse going to say a 30 amp vs. the 20 amp that is in it?

Is there a way to manually lift the trailer (a manual jack) in case it poops out?

SmokeyBare

Many who have electrical problems with the front jacks... where their fuses blows... have discovered the electrical motor was drawing more current than they should be drawing... which then blew the fuse. May want your dealer to check the electrical draw of the motor when it's under operating under the load of lifting the RV.

Marv

viking4545

I had the same problem and took it to my dealer, they found out that the motor was pulling 47 amps when under load. They said Heartland finally realized the motor isn't strong enough and have switched to a heavier duty motor, which was on backorder, and should be put in sometime in September.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
OK, this is where the factory rep needs to step in and offer some information. My dealer just informed me that if I need a new motor that they need to have the unit to diagnose it first, before they order a motor, since they say there is no campaign to replace the motors. Would someone from Heartland please call Danny Broderick at Boat-n-RV warehouse and bring him up to speed on the motor issue?

It is 1.5 hours one way for me to take the unit to the dealer, just to have him tell me that the motor is drawing too much and that they have to order one. Lets save me 3 hours and a bunch of diesel fuel:rolleyes:

jbeletti

FJ,

Please contact Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) first thing Monday morning with your VIN. Tell them the issue. they will review your file, then they will contact the dealer. Best not to use this Ask The Factory forum to compel the factory to call your dealer. Better for you to have a dialog by phone with Customer Service first, then ask them to call the dealer.

Thanks and hope you get this taken care of quickly.

Jim

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Jim,

Thanks so much for the advice!! The whole concept of having someone to speak with at customer service is new to me;) I will get on it first thing Monday morning.

It is funny having someone from the factory actually telling me where to find help instead of telling me to call the dealer...I am sorry, not funny...refreshing:D

Thanks again.

FJ

jbeletti

Hi FJ,

Like you - I prefer to pick up the phone and "make the call" when at all possible.

There are times when I will refer a customer to their dealer. A lot in fact. But in this case, time for you to call Heartland, get on the same page with Customer Service, then have Heartland work it out with your dealer.

Hope it all works out well for you. I love it when yet another customer is satisfied by our after purchase support system. Everyday, I beam with pride to read comments on RV.net from people from this forum who have had positive experiences with Heartland. Who needs advertising when we have the "Heartland Army" of ambassadors.

Thanks,

Jim