2016 Big Country 4010rd info on changing Norcold 2118 fridge for residential fridge

dsharrell

I'm a newbie and in May we bought a used 2016 Big Country 4010rd. We are stationary and have shore power. It has a Norcold 2118 4 door fridge in it. We've had all kinds of problems with it keeping the fridge cold and the freezer to freeze. I want to change it out with a residential fridge. Has anyone that owns a 4010rd replaced theirs yet? If so can you please share any tips and what make and model that you chose? I appreciate any and all help as I know that y'all are so full of knowledge.

Thank you kindly,
Debbie

danemayer

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

RXBristol changed out a Norcold (not sure what model) for a residential refrigerator on a Landmark. Here's a link.

MCTalley

In general, the Norcold 2118 is the same height (69") and width (36") as most residential counter depth refrigerators, which is what you'll look for as a replacement. Our 2015 Big Country came with a residential counter depth Frigidaire refrigerator that is still available at most big box hardware stores for $1100 or so.