More RVs being made, industry wide

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
August RV Shipments Break Record
By RV PRO Staff September 26, 2017

RVIA’s August survey of manufacturers found RV wholesale shipments finished at 45,031 units, an increase of 25.3 percent over the 35,946 units shipped last August. August 2017 shipments are the best August on comparable record.

RV wholesale shipments have climbed to 334,408 units through the first eight months of 2017, up 15.1 percent over the 290,582 units shipped during the same period last year.

All towable RVs, led by conventional travel trailers, totaled 39,479 units for the month, an increase of 26.7 percent compared to the 31,155 units shipped in August 2016. Year-to-date totals for towable RVs are up 15.3 percent to 292,130 units.

Motorhome shipments are up 15.9 percent to 5,552 units over last year, paced by solid gains in each vehicle category. Year-to-date motorhome shipments have reached 42,278 units on 13.9 percent growth over the 37,128 units shipped during the same time last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crussian

Good gosh, interesting read. Sounds like the "RV Repair businesses" better adjust. Sometimes, in more populous areas, like Tucson, AZ, it can take a week before they even look at your rig. All the parts that they will either have to carry in stock or "order" for you, etc. Big time ripple effect I see coming. Also, opportunities for "certified" RV mechanics, etc. Double edge sword.

C&J

RAHanock

So with the number of RVs increasing, is there a corresponding increase in RV parks, camp grounds, etc., in which to use them? It is very difficult to find campground openings in Arizona. How would one find out about plans for building/opening more?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
No wonder it is getting so hard to find a camp site these dayz . . . :mad:

MP_CS

How bout it. Years ago you just showed up at your favorite campground, now ive gotta book weeks in advance and hope the weather works out.

pday1213

So true. We full time for about 9 months a year and are finding that most nice campgrounds are full, especially for the weekends. Even the state parks are seeing increased usage. Have noticed more and more younger owners with children being home schooled in the parks then ever before. As you said I hope more campgrounds are being built and brought online to accommodate the influx. Even Walmart's are now seeing full lots. Used to be that we would be only RV or maybe another in the lot overnight, now we see 10-12 almost at every one we use

RAHanock

How bout it. Years ago you just showed up at your favorite campground, now ive gotta book weeks in advance and hope the weather works out.

Weeks in advance! Lucky you! I have to book in Jan. for summer camp sites, and even then it is hit and miss to get what you want.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Weeks in advance! Lucky you! I have to book in Jan. for summer camp sites, and even then it is hit and miss to get what you want.

Yup!

Same here in Colorado.

We always camp locally on July 4th. weekend as Cathy can't get the days off from work (end of fiscal year stuff) so that she can drive to work from the campground and I get to hold down the fort with a few cold ones! :cool:

We used to be able to book a few days in advance . . .

Now, January 2nd. we are online reserving the spot and even then it is almost like the last five seconds of an ebay auction gone wild! :eek: