Window/Wallpaper crinkle

crussian

I thought I had posted this issue a few days ago but received no replies so I thought I would look for it but I can't find it anywhere. I thought I had posted it in the Oakmont Owners Forum and then this forum. Anyway, I could have had a senior moment.

The pictures I am posting have to do with the crinkling of the wallpaper that is close/next to a couple of windows. The 5th wheel is set up at my house in Arizona so not much humidity and that may be the culprit. Just not sure. And yes, I am out of warranty. Just not sure what caused the condition of the wallpaper. This occurs on 3 different windows in a couple of different locations.

Anyone know, for a fact, what causes this to happen?

Thanks in advanced.

C&J

Attachments

• window1.jpg
    window1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 58
  • window2.jpg
    window2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 55

Garypowell

I saw it a few days ago and checked back in to see if someone had an answer.....guess not.

If I remember correctly you say it is "dry".....maybe you have some air intrusion at those spots....maybe a smoke test would help.

crussian

Was thinking something along those line. Can of air up against the outside window and see if anything shows.

Thanks

C&J

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

hoefler

WIndows are moving around in the opening, tightening may reduce it, but large windows won't flex with the coach as the wall flex.

crussian

Probably, the wallpaper is dry, so not much can be done now. Will check around rubber seals and go from thete.
Thanks
C&J

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have seen this on our previous ElkRidge. It was next to a window. I didn't think much about it, it was hidden by the window treatments. Since we had taken our rig to very cold and very warm places in our ownership, I just figured it was due to "extremes".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

I have it on a couple of windows. I believe it's caused by the installation of the windows at the factory.