Confused with Bighorn Competitors

mselby

Future Heartland Owner
We are still not set on what 5th wheel to buy. Favorites are Bighorn 3670RL, Cedar Creek 34RLSA and Keystone Everest 345S. All have similar options, sizes, etc. We are not full timing; I still work and have kids in college. One dealer bad mouths the other and that is frustrating.

Can anyone offer some advice, even opinions? Thought the Cedar Creek was a higher price point, but discover the BH is much higher price - at least locally. Several states away, the pricing is comparable - but then local dealer may balk at prompt service (cannot blame them). The bloom appears to be off the Everest rose, mainly due to Keystone reputation.

Thank you for suggestions.
Signed,
The Confused and Bewildered and Frustrated (and Ready to BUY)

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Before we purchased our 2006 BH, we toured all three factories in 2005. Actually saw the Cedar Creek and BH units being built while the Everest/Challenger tour was in the afternoon after the workers had gone home. We liked enough of what we thought was superior engineering and features that the others did not have.

You have MSRPs available within the forum. Based upon those and what some of the discount sellers are offering, you should be able to decide how much profit you are willing to give the local dealer - personally, I would start at asking for a 30-35% discount and go from there. You can always go up, but it's impossible to go down once you make your offer.

Don't be afraid to leave the dealer's showroom. They want that sale.

RSIG

The Everest was on our short list. We went with a Big Horn 3670. Now that we have had it on our site since April we feel we made the right decision. We had a few minor problems that our dealer took care of in an hour. I could have easily taken care of most but wanted to see how the dealer responded. I have e-mailed the factory with questions before and after the purchase and they responded quickly to all my request.

Last edited:

Coldfusion

Well lates see, the research that I have done would lean me toward Heartland. They have a 9.5 out of 10 rating. Which covers customer satifaction, dealer rating, resale value and construction. Keystone rates 8.5 on the same scale and Forest River well they only rated a 5 on the same scale. My recommendation hands down based on 8 months and over 1000 hours of research is ............"The Big Horn" Enjoy ! Thats why I'm here I'm on a time line and plan to make our next purchase this Spring. We and are planning on going with the Sundance 3012RE.

My husband & I owned a Forest River Sunseeker (Class C) we were happy in the beginning but we are full timers and it got small fast. It was 31 ft with 2 slides. While we were in Tucson we started researching whether we were going with a Class A or a 5er. I wanted the 5er. It gave me more of a feeling of HOME and not living in a Bus.
Well, we had pretty much decided on a Montana 3400. Well, we got back to Texas and we looked some more.... Let me tell you.... when I saw the BH 3670, I knew that was for us. We have been in it now since mid March and we love it and have no regrets at all. Just wish we would have done it sooner.
You have done the right thing by coming to a forum to do some research.
You also have to realize that I am biased with My BH. But for a fulltime couple... It is great. We have towed it from Texas to Las Vegas, to Orlando, back to Texas then up the East coast. We are now just south of Chicago and slowly making our way to Yellowstone. Will be in Cody mid Sept. But will then, head south for the winter.

Good luck on your decision, I know it is a hard one. But you can't beat Heartland Products, they are the BEST!!

Paul & Nan

We traded our 06 3500RL BigHorn for an 09 3670 BH last Monday. Love it. We are hoping to go full time, but helping an elderly parent at the moment. We spend as much time as possible in the BH. Have 10 days in this new one and it is wonderful. If you are looking for a great price check out RVsforLess.net. Karen and Butch did well for us. We looked at all the others overe time and they could not compare. Good luck with your decision.

Paul and Nan
01 2500HD Silverardo
09 3670 BH

jbeletti

Hi Paul and Nancy,

Congrats on picking up the new 'Horn. Glad all went well with Butch and Karen and that your shakedown is going well thus far.

We missed you at the Double J. By the way, since Double J RV is a HL dealer - if anything comes up, I am sure they can get authorization to take care of it. Not sure if they are the closest dealer to you or not.

Jim

Bighorn vs Competitors

Both brands you mention are built by top manufactures its not that either is bad its just that each dealer wants your business so thats why the comments attacking the other RV's. Big Horns popularity will definitely help when it comes to resale. Look at how fast the Heartland RV is growing they must be doing something right. Its seems like more competitors are copying them. (deleted by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator: