What do you really weigh?

windquest

As our research continues, it is becoming obvious that the available storage may be superseded by how much the trailer will haul. We are considering the Augusta and BH of the same floorplan. So the questions are: 1) Does your Heartland actually weight what the factory says it does? 2) For full timers, how much to you pack on board?

The research continues.......
Thanks
HENRY

Tom of Ypsi

1) I never had our Landmark weighed until this past June at the Heartland rally. Surprisingly my total weight, pin wieght and truck were all under what I thought.
2) We are fulltimers and we initially packed WAY too much as most every new fulltimer does. Slowly but surely you will subtract more than you will add. We are still going through this process after 15 months and probably will the entire time we fulltime.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I agree with you. We got ours weighed at the Rally in Branson also. We found out our load needed to be redistributed. We also found out the scales at Pilot were close (total weight) to what the total weight at the rally was.

WYWendinger

DOT Point of Entry scales are handy. I go in, smile, and ask if they'll weigh me and after the obvious chuckle I let them know I've got a 5th. Most of the time I just go in one that isn't busy and they like to busy themselves by coming in and looking around, at least in Wyoming.

davelinde

I could not reconcile my first weigh with the factory specs, I weighed more on day one.

At this point we are FT with just about a ton of our stuff added.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Bh 3055 - 2008

On our first camping trip we got weighed at the truck scales. Camper plus our 2500 HD Chevy, 8.1 L big block engine, 500 lbs of passengers, and normal clothes, food for a week, and camping supplies, the total was 19,860 lbs. There you have it.