19.5 wheels with 265/70 19.5 tires

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Wondering if anyone has 19.5's installed on their SRW and how they like it. I think I want the stance and look but don't want to find out it rubs without a lift. I don't want to add a lift as I don't want to get any closer to the 5er. This size with the hankook gives about a 34" tire.

kf5qby

Wondering if anyone has 19.5's installed on their SRW and how they like it. I think I want the stance and look but don't want to find out it rubs without a lift. I don't want to add a lift as I don't want to get any closer to the 5er. This size with the hankook gives about a 34" tire.

What is the year, make and model of the truck?

SNOKING

Just be aware that the rims for 19.5 tires require a minimum of 75 PSI to keep the bead seated. So when running around empty you have a brick truck ride and ride can not be softened with low tire pressure as many do with OEM tire setups. Chris

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have a set on our Dodge SRW 3500. No lift used. The ride is stiff but those wheels and tires are the only way to go with our heavy tongue weight. We switched out the shocks to help with the ride and Mark is checking out another set of shocks this week to see if they help even more.

The 17 in wheels the truck came with heated up way too much with the tongue weight of our KeyWest.

Kristy

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
You might contact Ron Russell, the Titan guy. I think he sells 19.5 tires and wheels and could probably give some good info on them.

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
What is the year, make and model of the truck?

'16 Ram 2500

Just be aware that the rims for 19.5 tires require a minimum of 75 PSI to keep the bead seated. So when running around empty you have a brick truck ride and ride can not be softened with low tire pressure as many do with OEM tire setups. Chris

Dont drive enough to matter really. I'm running 80psi now but know it will be a trade off.

We have a set on our Dodge SRW 3500. No lift used. The ride is stiff but those wheels and tires are the only way to go with our heavy tongue weight. We switched out the shocks to help with the ride and Mark is checking out another set of shocks this week to see if they help even more.

The 17 in wheels the truck came with heated up way too much with the tongue weight of our KeyWest.

Kristy

Good info and thanks. Do you have pics somewhere of the setup?

You might contact Ron Russell, the Titan guy. I think he sells 19.5 tires and wheels and could probably give some good info on them.

Thanks!

brianlajoie

I run with a set of 19.5" Rickson Wheels. I put on Toyo M143Z 245/70R 19.5 and M608Z 245/70R 19.5. The size of the tires matches the height of the OEM. Didn't find any 19.5" wheels that could handle 110 PSI - had to go to steel. This was a couple of years ago - may have changed.

The ride is a little stiffer (but with the trailer it is not that noticeable). With the tires being stiffer, the wind and cornering is less squishy than with the OEM tires. The tires stand very tall now like my trailer tires. I do swap out my system back to my OEM tires/wheels since I need 4 wheel drive for snow. My OEM tires were showing heavy weight wear after 25k miles and I rotated them every 5k miles.

I put a Dill Air Control TPMS on both the truck and trailer and now have real time TPMS monitoring (Running 110 PSI causes an error message with the OEM TPMS). I also put Air Lift air bags on so that bumps put less stress on the suspension (I noticed that with the helper bar for my 1 ton, there was contact with the springs and jouncer).

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
I run with a set of 19.5" Rickson Wheels. I put on Toyo M143Z 245/70R 19.5 and M608Z 245/70R 19.5. The size of the tires matches the height of the OEM. Didn't find any 19.5" wheels that could handle 110 PSI - had to go to steel. This was a couple of years ago - may have changed.

The ride is a little stiffer (but with the trailer it is not that noticeable). With the tires being stiffer, the wind and cornering is less squishy than with the OEM tires. The tires stand very tall now like my trailer tires. I do swap out my system back to my OEM tires/wheels since I need 4 wheel drive for snow. My OEM tires were showing heavy weight wear after 25k miles and I rotated them every 5k miles.

I put a Dill Air Control TPMS on both the truck and trailer and now have real time TPMS monitoring (Running 110 PSI causes an error message with the OEM TPMS). I also put Air Lift air bags on so that bumps put less stress on the suspension (I noticed that with the helper bar for my 1 ton, there was contact with the springs and jouncer).

Awesome thanks and I was wondering about the 245 as well. I have the factory air leveling and it seems to work really well even overloaded slightly. I think I was 300lbs over the axle limit and it leveled up like a champ.

Those are just slightly taller than the OEM on my '16 2500 4x4. They should fit without a problem if you have 4wd.

Yup 4x4