Travel Trailer Covers

Hey everyone. I have a 2017 Heartland North Trail 24BHS Caliber Edition. This will be my 1st winter storing it. I keep it in the Poconos in PA. Yes it does get cold and sometimes a lot of snow. Was wondering on brands and sites to look for a cover to put on it. Do I just go with the measurement of the 24 feet or do I get a cover bigger when ordering? Also is it a good idea to put a tube on roof before putting cover on (like in a pool) to push snow off the roof? Thought or suggestions much needed and welcome. Thanks ALL!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marty579

Hey everyone. I have a 2017 Heartland North Trail 24BHS Caliber Edition. This will be my 1st winter storing it. I keep it in the Poconos in PA. Yes it does get cold and sometimes a lot of snow. Was wondering on brands and sites to look for a cover to put on it. Do I just go with the measurement of the 24 feet or do I get a cover bigger when ordering? Also is it a good idea to put a tube on roof before putting cover on (like in a pool) to push snow off the roof? Thought or suggestions much needed and welcome. Thanks ALL!
I'm interested in this too.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

New owner of a landmark 365 fifth wheel . Don't have a building to store my trailer in so I am thinking of getting a cover for it. After doing some research it seems that most covers are either not long enough ( mine measures 44' 5" plus 9" for the ladder ). Or the salesman says they are not sure the sides may not be long enough to cover the trailer all the way to the bottom. Goldline makes one the would probably be long enough but the sides measure 120". I am on a trip and not able to get the side measurements right now. Has anybody bought one for their Newport that fits alright an if so, what is the brand and model, where did you get it and approximate price? Thanks for any and all info.

Gaffer

New owner of a landmark 365 fifth wheel . Don't have a building to store my trailer in so I am thinking of getting a cover for it. After doing some research it seems that most covers are either not long enough ( mine measures 44' 5" plus 9" for the ladder ). Or the salesman says they are not sure the sides may not be long enough to cover the trailer all the way to the bottom. Goldline makes one the would probably be long enough but the sides measure 120". I am on a trip and not able to get the side measurements right now. Has anybody bought one for their Newport that fits alright an if so, what is the brand and model, where did you get it and approximate price? Thanks for any and all info.
You need to check out Calmark

redevil

I'm on the fence with getting one as well for my NT 24BHS. Might try it without one this winter to see how it does. I know that there are only a few trailers that have them on in storage where I live in Calgary Alberta.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Here in Colorado those covers only last a month or so until the wind shreds them to pieces.

Also, if you have these (or the new longer ones) on each corner of your trailer:

EveDrip-IMG_1355.jpg BadCaulking3-5-2014-IMG_1840.jpg

Well . . . 'nuff said!

Here in Colorado those covers only last a month or so until the wind shreds them to pieces.

Also, if you have these (or the new longer ones) on each corner of your trailer:

View attachment 54937 View attachment 54938

Well . . . 'nuff said!

The solution to this problem is to cover these "gutter ends" with a foam spray and then they dont rip the cover.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on the fence with getting one as well for my NT 24BHS. Might try it without one this winter to see how it does. I know that there are only a few trailers that have them on in storage where I live in Calgary Alberta.

The ones that I am finding have a 3 YEAR WARRANTY so I think it is worth the investment if live in a colder wetter climate. Unfortunately we dont all have the option of storing in warm weather so the question comes down to.....

Cover or not in a cold wet climate. I am leaning towards yes at this point.

rwshea

I am also new to Heartland North Trail. Currently, living in AZ. Is a cover useful for protecting the coach from extreme sun and heat?
Thanks

MP_CS

I was told by my dealer that if you plan on storing your RV outside not under roof that you should just inspect the roof and repair any questionable spots in the fall and nothing else. They said NOT to use an rv cover that they do more harm than good.