Back up Camera set-up

Crossfire

Hi.. just bought a used T30 toy hauler, and it has a back up camera at the rear. But I can not find any information in the manuals I received and/or online on how to hook it up and what you need in the tow vehicle to make it operations. Help!

jimtoo

Hi Crossfire,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I am pretty sure the unit did not come from the factory with a backup camera, so it was something installed by previous owner. So probably you will need to get the brand and model of the camera and then someone can most likely give you some help.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

Oregon_Camper

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm guessing if the RV is new, you only have the bracket...not an actual camera. Right?

The camera a LOT of folks on here install in the Furrion "Observation". This model allows you to have the camera on all the time (driving or parked), vs other model that only comes on when in "reverse"

Install will take way less than 30 mins. Took me about 20 mins the first time, and I could do it in about 10 mins now that I've done it once.

Link to Camera on Amazon.

71ZIa9e77qL._SL1500_.jpg

happykraut

If it is an aftermarket camera, the running lights might have to be on for the camera to get its power.

jgbagwell

Sync/Pairing lost. Re: Back up Camera set-up

I have the factory prep for the Furrion camera. Worked last November, December, this February, April and June. This October no image. I tried pairing again repeatedly. The pickup wasn't running. The blue tooth on the pickup and cell phone were off.
I was below the camera for proximity for the pairing. I selected pair on the monitor, climbed the ladder, held the button on the underside of the camera for 2 seconds and released. The monitor displayed pair failed.
Tried holding the camera button for 2 seconds first, then select pair on the monitor. Again fail.
What is the trick to establish pair again? Thanks,

Oregon_Camper

Re: Sync/Pairing lost. Re: Back up Camera set-up

I have the factory prep for the Furrion camera. Worked last November, December, this February, April and June. This October no image. I tried pairing again repeatedly. The pickup wasn't running. The blue tooth on the pickup and cell phone were off.
I was below the camera for proximity for the pairing. I selected pair on the monitor, climbed the ladder, held the button on the underside of the camera for 2 seconds and released. The monitor displayed pair failed.
Tried holding the camera button for 2 seconds first, then select pair on the monitor. Again fail.
What is the trick to establish pair again? Thanks,

Did you check the fuse (around battery compartment) to see if the camera is getting power?

'Lil Guy'

To pair my BUC I had to remove it from the mount in rear and plug it into the receptacle on the camera plug lead. There was an extra jack on the monitor cord plugged into receptacle. Followed instructions and had no issue.
Pretty sure you just have the mount for the BUC on the rig. It is pre wired to install the camera. Just remove the screws on cover plate, plug in camera and screw down. Make sure to pair with monitor before installing.