Possible interior mod

CLB

I've been thinking about adding a wall to my 2013 21fbs to make the bedroom separate. What I have in mind would be a extensive remodel to the front so I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this to know how it might work

Google ChromeScreenSnapz365.jpg

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Sounds like a great idea to me. I added a floor plan image to your post so others can visualize your plan.

I'd use 2x2 wood framing with paneling on both side. I think the issue may be securing it at the ceiling. Perhaps with a stud finder, you can locate the nearest trusses or structure in the ceiling/roof for pinning the top of the wall to.

CLB

Sounds like a great idea to me. I added a floor plan image to your post so others can visualize your plan.

I'd use 2x2 wood framing with paneling on both side. I think the issue may be securing it at the ceiling. Perhaps with a stud finder, you can locate the nearest trusses or structure in the ceiling/roof for pinning the top of the wall to.
What I was thinking is to take out the longer closet on the slide out side and then basically slide the remaining cabinets down then if flatten the night stands I can rotate the bed. That would do several things for me, taking the end closet out gives me room to turn the bed and the open end will give me a place to hang winter coats, plus turning frees up a few feet of length. The biggest hang-up is the vent.

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk

CLB

I don't have the dinet I have a crappy click clack couch so I've been thinking, I never have more than 2 people inside, put 2 of the swivel recliners and a pedestal base between them so that way I could still have a small meal table for 2 if I want.
If I can figure out the wall and vent situation I would have room for a small loveseat maybe.