Latest Tapatalk update

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Seems the latest updates for iPhone and iPad loses the "tabs" allowing you to select what you want to do, like go to the "Unread" posts, etc. Can't say I appreciate that, so I'll drop it from my devices and only use this forum. If, for some unknown reason, you need to contact me, send a PM. I will get email notifications for them.

One less memory sucker on my Apple devices.

jbeletti

John - I updated to iOS 11.01 a couple days ago. I just looked at Tapatalk on that device and it looks the same to me.

IMG_5129.jpg IMG_5128.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks and works fine for me. It is updated but things are still in same place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

The tabs banner is not on either of my devices anymore, just checked the iPad again. I've already deleted it off my iPhone. Maybe you folks are using the pay for it versions, maybe not. Anyways, I'm still here.

jbeletti

The tabs banner is not on either of my devices anymore, just checked the iPad again. I've already deleted it off my iPhone. Maybe you folks are using the pay for it versions, maybe not. Anyways, I'm still here.
Yes - I'm using the one-time paid version.

BLR

Same here paid.. Love Tapatalk for all the forums.. so easy to maneuver.

Sent from BLR Logistics

JohnDar

So, here on my older iPad, which has the older version of free Tapatalk, all the banner functions still exist.

JohnDar

John - is that older iPad running iOS 11.01?

No, it’s still running 9.3.5. I don’t use it as my primary, but it still works.

Now, on the updated one, there are four tabs available at the top instead of six.

After playing around, my phone now has the same four options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

No, it’s still running 9.3.5. I don’t use it as my primary, but it still works.

Now, on the updated one, there are four tabs available at the top instead of six.

After playing around, my phone now has the same four options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay then - good news. Thanks for the report.

Perhaps iOS 11 broke some features and they worked over the paid version first and now things are catching up on the free version.

JohnDar

Okay then - good news. Thanks for the report.

Perhaps iOS 11 broke some features and they worked over the paid version first and now things are catching up on the free version.

Thanks for your concern, Jim.