New 5th wheel garage

Nightshifter

Thanks,
i have been reading your modifications and will find some of them quite useful. I can't wait to get it inside and start working on it. I should have the floor poured by end of next week. Then wiring,insulation, walls and ceilings and heat.

TikiDawg

Looks fantastic. What are dimensions? Will you be able to extend the slides while inside?
Excellent job!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MP_CS

Sweet, i pay over a hundred bucks a month to store mine. In a few years I’m going to take that money and build a pole barn to pit it in. Something very similar to what you’re doinf less the heat.

sengli

That looks awesome! We did something similar, but a lot less money. Our car port keeps the sun, and most of the rain and snow off the rig, but obviously its not climate controlled. It was like $4500

Carport is 18 feet wide....41 feet long, and 14 feet tall at the outside edges. And yes the slides can be opened with room to spare.

Attachments

• IMAG0032.jpg
    IMAG0032.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

SD08ER

That looks awesome! We did something similar, but a lot less money. Our car port keeps the sun, and most of the rain and snow off the rig, but obviously its not climate controlled. It was like $4500

sengli can you tell me what is the height and width of your car port? Can you put your slides out? What brand is it? Thank you for info.

BILLnSAL

Nice job.
I'm close to getting finished with ours also. We went 16'x52' and slides push out easy with room to spare on the CY 4005. I also added an attached 24'x42' shop. It's a lot of work but will be worth it in the end.

IMG_0788.jpgIMG_0792.jpg

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Now I just need to be in a place with no HOA.

That is the main reason we've kept this house all of these years.

This is one of the few neighborhoods around here where you can keep your RV next to the house.

With approved parking surfaces, of course.

Wish we had enough room to build a nice garage to cover the Prowler!

ProwlerHomeFromAlto2017-P5080779.jpg

Nightshifter

A little update on the new garage. The installation is in the walls with the t-111 installed to 8’ height. Painted the t-111 last weekend. The metal ceiling is completed and attic installation blown in to r-38. Going to install the metal from the 8’ high mark up to the ceiling tomorrow and hang all of the t-5 fluorescent lights. Will post pictures tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Someday I’ll learn to spell.
i meant insulation

- - - Updated - - -

I have been swamped at work and haven’t had a whole lot of time. Have to get finished so I can do a few mods before our trip to Florida in February