Probably leaving the Heartland family

MP_CS

This forum is an absolute gem and will still be lurking around I’ve gotten so much good advice here but after having our daughter we are searching for a bunkhouse floorplan and We’ve looked at every bunkhouse fifth wheel in our budget in the Heartland arsenal and neither my wife or I really like any of them. We have narrowed it down to two Floorplans both being SOB. I have literally looked at dozens of differant fiver’s and in our budget all have the same build quality and workmanship so the only thing I’ll miss is this forum and Heartland customer service, fortunately I’m able to fix most things myself so ive never really used customer service that mucjh anyway. We haven’t committed to anything yet so who knows what will happen but unless Heartland comes out with a layout we like before spring we will be saying goodbye. 😔

SNOKING

We felt the same way when we replaced our 12 year old Cardinal, and could not fine something in their line up that suited our wants and the capability of our SRW 3500 RAM. We however found a new family here!

Best of luck with your "change of families".

Chris

dave10a

It took me over a year to work out all the bugs (mfg. defects) and since then it has been wear and tear. I agree that most of the new units of other manufacturers are reasonably the same in engineering and built quality. This makes it harder to settle on a new unit which I will be buying when I get back to Florida this winter. However, I think I will make a more informed choice this time as to what I need and look for as well as being much more demanding during the POD. My limitation is that I will not be buying a unit that requires a Dually TV. I am stuck with a SRW because of garage limitations. DRV is offering new luxury unit that was designed to be pulled by a SRW TV that has struck my interest. So I will be looking closely at it.
I don't think buying a used unit is a good idea because of hurricane damage this year........

Last edited:

MP_CS

We’ve picked our replacement fifth wheel and unfortunately its not a Heartland. We chose a GD reflection, after looking at both finalists its the perfect fit and very nicely built. I have nothing bad to say about Heartland or our sundance it has served us well. Thanks to everyone on this forum that i have gotten advice from and technical support from, i will continue to lurk and learn, lol.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We’ve picked our replacement fifth wheel and unfortunately its not a Heartland. We chose a GD reflection, after looking at both finalists its the perfect fit and very nicely built. I have nothing bad to say about Heartland or our sundance it has served us well. Thanks to everyone on this forum that i have gotten advice from and technical support from, i will continue to lurk and learn, lol.

Good luck with your new rig. Still doesn’t keep you from traveling down from Galeton to Elysburg to the rally in May. Details will be on the forum soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP_CS

Good luck with your new rig. Still doesn’t keep you from traveling down from Galeton to Elysburg to the rally in May. Details will be on the forum soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats still something we are going to try and make for sure.

jbeletti

Wishing you all the best with the new unit. Keep in touch with your Heartland pals here on the forum and at a chapter rally here and there.