Satellite hookup

Handyxena

Bought a HDTV antenna and tried hooking up to the exterior satellite hookup on the rear of my prowler lynx, and it doesn't work, checked all the connections and still nothing, so I bought a coax splicer and hooked it up on the roof and it works great, would rather hook it up to the rear, anyone else ever try this

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Over the air TV signals go through a signal booster before getting to the TV. When you connect through the satellite wiring, you're bypassing the signal booster. It's also possible there could be a problem with a poor connection on the satellite wiring or one of it's connectors.

SNOKING

Do you know which wire that you need to chsnge

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

That is very trailer specific. In the case of our the bedroom TV the sat box goes in the closet across the bedroom and they provided a HDMI cable to the TV. Our living room has a cabinet above the TV that has both Ant/Cable and Sat cables available. There is another recent thread that someone posted a link to a coax tester. Look at post #13 here. https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/68380-coaxial-confusion/page2

Chris

Handyxena

Ok we're closing the trailer for the season on Sunday so might give me some time to research a little more, on a positive note that inexpensive antenna works great

Handyxena

Ok we're closing the trailer for the season on Sunday so might give me some time to research a little more, on a positive note that inexpensive antenna works great

Klein Coax Explorer Plus Tester, KLN-VDV512058 inexpensive tool to track the cables