Bighorn - Headboard removal for re upholstery

Browns-Dora-RdTrip

Full Time Traveler
We have a 2016 Bighorn 3160EL and want to take off headboard to re upholstery it and paint the wall. How do you remove it?

Last edited by a moderator:

pegmikef

I removed ours a couple of years ago from our 3010RE and reupholstered the pads. If yours is like mine, then the headboard is really a flimsy wooden framework around the three or four upholstered sections and is stapled from the wall side. I carefully used a flathead screw driver to pry it loose a few inches at a time. I then cut or pulled all of the staples from the wall. We reupholstered the sections and then put the frame back in place using short black screws in inconspicuous places.

Attachments

• oldhb.jpg
    oldhb.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 77
  • withpillow.jpg
    withpillow.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 75
  • newhb.jpg
    newhb.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 76

mlpeloquin

I removed ours a couple of years ago from our 3010RE and reupholstered the pads. If yours is like mine, then the headboard is really a flimsy wooden framework around the three or four upholstered sections and is stapled from the wall side. I carefully used a flathead screw driver to pry it loose a few inches at a time. I then cut or pulled all of the staples from the wall. We reupholstered the sections and then put the frame back in place using short black screws in inconspicuous places.

Wow what a terrific job! It really looks great.

pegmikef

Wow what a terrific job! It really looks great.

Thanks. My wife used those large decorative pillow cases that came on the useless (to us) pillows that came with the trailer. The backboard now matches the valances instead of the dark brown side curtains.