Parts delay

I bought 2018 mallard, first trip out the I5 was ridiculous, so rough I know a car would have to get alignment after trip, but my trailor held up fine except for wood trim that hides the chain slide. They fell off and after looking at them, what a joke of how such large pieces were installed (staples and glue) a few brackets for each piece at the minimum should have been installed. Well heartland didn’t object the warranty service to replace, but the newest model and it takes 3 months to get 3 wood trim pieces, that’s ridiculous! And Camping World told me that Heartland is the worst when it comes to part replacement. Wish I would have known that or seen that when I was doing my research prior to buying. I hope nothing else breaks that isn’t their product, cuz not having trailor for 3 months is not acceptable, and taking out a brand new trailer and explaining to people why you are missing pieces is not an option!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I bought 2018 mallard, first trip out the I5 was ridiculous, so rough I know a car would have to get alignment after trip, but my trailor held up fine except for wood trim that hides the chain slide. They fell off and after looking at them, what a joke of how such large pieces were installed (staples and glue) a few brackets for each piece at the minimum should have been installed. Well heartland didn’t object the warranty service to replace, but the newest model and it takes 3 months to get 3 wood trim pieces, that’s ridiculous! And Camping World told me that Heartland is the worst when it comes to part replacement. Wish I would have known that or seen that when I was doing my research prior to buying. I hope nothing else breaks that isn’t their product, cuz not having trailor for 3 months is not acceptable, and taking out a brand new trailer and explaining to people why you are missing pieces is not an option!

That has not been my experience with Heartland. If you read the forum a lot, you will find several that have had slow parts delivery only to turn out that when they call Heartland parts department to check, the dealer had never ordered the parts yet. Heartland does not stock a lot of parts. Parts on hand are for current builds in the factory. On time delivery for parts is the system most manufactures use so not to have a lot of parts stored in a warehouse. That would be costly. When the order is put in, it is in line with all the other from the manufacture of the particular part. I had a slam latch door ruined by me. I ordered the door and graphics. Three weeks for the door from Lippert and a few days for the graphics. So call Heartland parts department with your vin number and find out if Camping World had order the parts yet. Yes you can check to see if your dealer is telling you the true story. Dealers want their service people to prep RV's for delivery and repair/service is secondary.

That has not been my experience with Heartland. If you read the forum a lot, you will find several that have had slow parts delivery only to turn out that when they call Heartland parts department to check, the dealer had never ordered the parts yet. Heartland does not stock a lot of parts. Parts on hand are for current builds in the factory. On time delivery for parts is the system most manufactures use so not to have a lot of parts stored in a warehouse. That would be costly. When the order is put in, it is in line with all the other from the manufacture of the particular part. I had a slam latch door ruined by me. I ordered the door and graphics. Three weeks for the door from Lippert and a few days for the graphics. So call Heartland parts department with your vin number and find out if Camping World had order the parts yet. Yes you can check to see if your dealer is telling you the true story. Dealers want their service people to prep RV's for delivery and repair/service is secondary.

Yea I call every week and Camping World gave me the Heartlands rep number.

danemayer

Yea I call every week and Camping World gave me the Heartlands rep number.

We see stories like this quite frequently. As suggested, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you exactly when the parts were ordered and when they will ship to the dealer.

Circle back around and let us know what you find out.

Jim_Hull

Unfortunately, I am facing the same situation. I got a little too close to the door of the pole shed I store my BC 4010 RD in as I was turning and swung the rear drivers-side corner into the door, doing some damage to the rear corner. I took it to my dealer who ordered parts on August 28 and we are still waiting on one piece so my unit can get fixed. I have talked to Heartland and they have confirmed the parts were ordered and that the part in question was still on hold. They could not give me a definite date as to when they would receive the part in question nor when my dealer could expect the part. It is very frustrating that we spend the kind of money we do to buy these units, but Heartland takes their time to get us parts when needed. While I know they use. Just In Time system to build these units, they sure aren't using one to get me my parts!

Unfortunately, I am facing the same situation. I got a little too close to the door of the pole shed I store my BC 4010 RD in as I was turning and swung the rear drivers-side corner into the door, doing some damage to the rear corner. I took it to my dealer who ordered parts on August 28 and we are still waiting on one piece so my unit can get fixed. I have talked to Heartland and they have confirmed the parts were ordered and that the part in question was still on hold. They could not give me a definite date as to when they would receive the part in question nor when my dealer could expect the part. It is very frustrating that we spend the kind of money we do to buy these units, but Heartland takes their time to get us parts when needed. While I know they use. Just In Time system to build these units, they sure aren't using one to get me my parts!

Yea, I confirmed my parts were ordered August 4, they said 2 weeks, then told dealer they were mistaken and could not give a date, then on August 28th they said 2 of the 3 pieces would ship in a week and 3rd pieces was on hold. Then Sept 15th I called and they said all they were ready to receive the parts, and would ship to dealer following Tuesday. Latest as of last Thursday heartland said 1 of the pieces shipped and 2 other pieces should ship Monday. I won’t hold my breath.