Hot Springs, Arkansas

StevieWonder

Can anybody recommend a good campground in the immediate vicinity of Hot Springs? I need something within 20 miles or so and they must have 50amp service and allow pets.

Thanks for any tips.

osims

bsims
Stevie
We stayed at a corp of engineers park about 10-15 miles west of Hot Springs that was nice and on a beautiful lake, don't have phone# but the name of the park was Crystal Springs. Probably find it under Arkansas COE.
Bill

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We stayed at DeGray Lake State park. Nice place. At Exit 78 off of I-30 South of Hot Springs. (501) 865-2801 I'm not about 50 amp. Senior moment?

cjbearden

Visitor
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Arkansas/Hot_Springs.html

Check this website for several reviews on the various parks in H.S. area. Cloud Nine is nice but a steep drive up a narrow paved road to get to the park. KOA has lots of trees on a sloped hill and tight spaces.

Young's Lakeshore RV Park may not be open. We stayed there in 2007 and there was a For Sale sign on the property and management said park may not be there much longer. It was great to be right at the edge of a Lake and convenient to restaurants and tourist sights.
DeGray and Lake Catherine are most popular.

StevieWonder

Cloud Nine has apparently repaved their entry, so we have selected it although the others look nice too.

Thanks for the tips.