Hall Closet coming apart

JeffG1947

We own a 2013 Bighorn 3585RL. The LR slide out is large with a double storage closet just before the BR door. We noticed that the cabinet is separating from the wall (see picture). The bottom of the cabinet is pulled out about one inch while the top is still flush to the wall. This seems to be causing the wood pieces at the bottom of the cabinet to drag on the carpet and also to be pulled out. I don't know if this is a sign of a slide out problem or perhaps too much stuff stored in the cabinets. Any ideas? Thanks!
Jeff

Attachments

• closet.jpg
    closet.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 54

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff, have you looked at the rollers under the slide? They are visible from the outside.

Peace
Dave

JeffG1947

Jeff, have you looked at the rollers under the slide? They are visible from the outside.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave. Rollers look OK to me. Picture is of the end unit closest to where closet is pulling out - the others look the same.

Attachments

• roller.jpg
    roller.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 24

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Another thing I would take a look at is the slide cable attachment point.
Bring the slide in about a foot and take a look at the back side of the fascia. You should see the bracket that the cable is attached to. The bracket is attached to a piece of plywood and the side of the slide wall. Be sure everything is in order. The plywood and cable bracket should be flush with the white wall of the slide.
You may just be suffering from fascia detachment that will require some brads. I've had to add a few nails to mine.

Peace
Dave

JeffG1947

Another thing I would take a look at is the slide cable attachment point.
Bring the slide in about a foot and take a look at the back side of the fascia. You should see the bracket that the cable is attached to. The bracket is attached to a piece of plywood and the side of the slide wall. Be sure everything is in order. The plywood and cable bracket should be flush with the white wall of the slide.
You may just be suffering from fascia detachment that will require some brads. I've had to add a few nails to mine.

Peace
Dave

Thanks again Dave, that sounds like it could be the problem. We're packing up tomorrow so I'll check that out.
Regards,
Jeff