Secretary of State Papers??

george637

I purchased a Bighorn 3270rs a couple of months ago from General RV in Huntley, IL. The Bighorn was originally at a General RV in Florida--that is where our salesperson found it for us. We liked the floor plan and it had all the features we were looking for, so General RV moved it up here for us, and we purchased it. Now I received a letter from the Secretary of State stating that "any vehicle brought in to the State of Illinois with a surrender Certificate of Title issued by Florida after FEMA Disaster Declaration DR-4283, incident period starting 10/3/2016, must have a Natural Disaster Disclosure Statement by the registered owner of the vehicle at the time of the natural disaster before a clean unbranded Illinois Certificate of Title is issued." They go on to say that if they do not received the natural disaster disclosure statement, they will issue an Illinois title with the brand FLOOD. I have tried to call the IL Secretary of State multiple times, but their line is always busy. I've sent this letter to General RV, but I'm wondering if anyone else has received this type of letter from the IL Secretary of State.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Unless it was used when you bought it it should have a certificate of origin and no title so it shouldn’t need this or atleast I wouldn’t think it would. Is the unit new/never titled or used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

My guess you might not be getting through due to the recent storms....but keep trying. We have to deal with the state all the time due to our business......and they are very courteous and complete.

As an alternative call a branch of your current bank that is in Florida....maybe someone there can be of help in the loan department.

george637

Unless it was used when you bought it it should have a certificate of origin and no title so it shouldn’t need this or atleast I wouldn’t think it would. Is the unit new/never titled or used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a used unit, but it's in really great shape. General RV is taking care of the paperwork. They have certified that the unit was not in a natural disaster area.