Bedroom/shower heights?

tallpall

We do not have an RV yet, but are shopping...hoping to buy a new or used fifth wheel in Oct for initial use in the Rio Grande Valley this winter.
We are leaning toward a 35 foot or so Bighorn, but I have one question I'd like to have an answer for before we make that decision.
I'm 6' 6" and am pretty much resigned to a plan of "hunching over" when in the bedroom & shower. ALL of the manufacturers we have inspected so far seem to have a ceiling limit of 6' 4" (or slightly less). The showers seem to be built up an inch or so thus the clearance is even less in them. It would be really nice to be able to stand up straight in the shower.
So, my question is: were any models of ANY manufacturer ever made in the past couple of years that had greater clearance?

Tom of Ypsi

If this the model you are looking at has a dome in the shower you should have 80" and this is in the center. I would think at 6'6 (78") you would fit but it would be tight.

Where in the RGV will you be going to? We will be in Casa Del Sol, Donna, Tx starting Nov 1. Would be nice to have a little get together down there as there are several of us with Heartlands in the area.

tallpall

I have not seen the 'domed' shower yet.....might have been looking at a smaller, older model....but since you mentioned it will definitely look for it on our next scouting trip.
Speaking of 'scouting' we are going down to the RGV around the first of Oct for the purpose of securing a place to have our future purchase placed (intend to consider buying a tow vehicle NEXT YEAR....wanting to get the most quality in an RV the budget will allow this year ). With so many parks available (I hear 700?) in that area this will be a daunting task so obviously we need to weed down a list to 20 or so. The very fact that you mentioned a park in Donna implies you are happy with the choice and a good one to put on our short list.
I'd hope to meet some of the nice people that post here!