Fisher Paykel Dishwasher

rcullom

Ray Cullom
We are in the process of ordering a Shenandoah. Our dealer (Bill Plemmons RV World) has informed us that the Fisher Paykel Dishwasher is no longer available. Why? This DW and the Splendide Washer/Dryer Combo (now replaced by a stackable WD) are two of the options led us to choose the Landmark over other 5th wheels.

Cheryl

I can't answer your question, but I can tell you that we saw some units with the dishwasher in them at a RV show yesterday. They didn't look as if they could hold very much. Think about how much you can load on one rack in your dishwasher at home and then imagine it a little less deep and a little less wide. In my opinion, you could have the amount of dishes washed by hand in less time than it would take you to load it. The combo washer and dryer is also very small. At least with the stackable, you can dry a load while another is washing - unfortunately for us, if we ever get one, ours has to have the combo.

rcullom

Ray Cullom
While I am cooking I place things such as mixing bowls and spoons, empty fridge containers, and pots & pans in the DW instead of on the counter or in the sink. After we eat we place the dishes in the DW. We run our full size home DW every two days or so. The Fisher Pykel DishDrawer can hold 11.5" plates - ours are 10.7". It seems to be big enough for the two of us.
Ray

rcullom

Ray Cullom
In another thread addressing the 'Dishwasher option no longer available' a post states, "The dishwasher option is not available according to the dealers at RV for Less....they stated in their email that Heartland has had recently problems with the dishwasher so they decided to drop the option".
Our local appliance dealer can order a Fisher&Paykel single drawer DW for us, and our local cabinet maker can modify the under-stove cabinet and install the DW. Are the problems you have had with the DW such that we should not get one?
Ray

Scott

Dishwasher

Good news for dishwasher lovers. While it is true that the Heartland Landmark had dropped the dishwasher going into this model year because of it's very limited usage - we have had a run of requests this January for the dishwasher. So.... we are once again offering the dishwasher as an option. You are probably hearing this before the dealers will find out.

ST

Sawbonz

We are going to order our Landmark later this week. The reason we are going with the dealer we are, instead of the one we visited, is the dishwasher. Dealer 1 matched dealer 2's price, but said we would have to do without the DW and countertop extension. Dealer 2 said he would get it done. Easy choice. I am glad that Dealer 1 is (probably) wrong about Heartland just having too many problems with the DW.

Scott

Dishwasher

If you get a chance, send me a private message through the forum and let me know what dealers you were working with. I would like to call them and discuss this issue.

Thanks.

ST