Need A Little Basement Help

Cholo

I'm going to redo the basement wall by reinforcing it using 2x2 wood and plywood. Is the floor and/or ceiling solid plywood where I could screw down the 2x2 or do I have to look for studs? I know I have to be careful as far as length of screws so as not to poke through anything. I'm also going to add another filter and, if I have room, my water softener. Any ideas and or thoughts are needed and greatly appreciated.

Just thought of a few more questions: The front wall in the basement, the one the TV is on, is it removable? What's behind it? I would like to hang stuff on it but not sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TikiDawg

I used 1x2 poplar as the new frame. See under Landmark Mods - TikiDawg's Modifications. Towards the end there's some pictures of the basement mod.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TikiDawg

I used screws into the floor and ceiling for the new frame studs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I screwed 2x2s to the ceiling to redo my wall. I used coarse thread screws that were an inch longer that the 2x2. Penetrating 1" into your storage bay ceiling or floor should cause no issue. My guess is that the sheeting under that black vapor barrier is no thicker than 1/4", then it's dense foam.