Ladder is lose

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I noticed today that a couple of the screws were pulled out while going up the ladder. The attach points sealing appears to be worn and cracked. The rig is just over 2 years
Thank you.
Ike Saville

danemayer

Some people have reseated the screws with a combination of toothpick pieces and glue in the hole. Then, to prevent the flex that loosens the screws, get this clever device. Use it to support the lowest standoff connecting the ladder to the rear cap. The adjustable height allows you to support the ladder regardless of how the trailer is sitting. Using one on each side is even better.

Lou_and_Bette

My ladder hasn't pulled loose but I was very hesitant about putting my big butt on it as it seemed like it would collapse. My solution was to get one of those ratcheting truck bed cargo bars from Wally World. I had to modify the bar since it was too long to fit under the bottom horizontal support tubes. This was a simple modification, disassembling the bar was removal of one machine bolt and nut and the two sections of the bar came apart. I then shortened each section a similar amount and reassembled. I use a short piece of 2x2 to span both horizontal tubes as close to the step as possible, place the fixed end of the cargo bar on the ground and ratchet the other end of the bar up until there a slight amount of upward pressure on the ladder and climb on. No sagging and, most importantly, no strain on ladder supporting points. Cheap, simple, adaptable for any ground level, and "solid as a rock."