Some People...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
...will steal anything. For years, I’ve left the trailer hitch insert (bumper hitch) in place. This past weekend, I needed to pull one of our USAR trailers to a training exercise and it was gone. Had to zip to Advance Auto for a replacement. REALLY?? They cost less than $20, including the pin. From now on, it stays in the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrstang331

North Carolina Chapter Leaders
There are crooked folks out there. That’s y I keep a lock on my hitch.

uncledon

Her chauffeur
...will steal anything. For years, I’ve left the trailer hitch insert (bumper hitch) in place. This past weekend, I needed to pull one of our USAR trailers to a training exercise and it was gone. Had to zip to Advance Auto for a replacement. REALLY?? They cost less than $20, including the pin. From now on, it stays in the cab.

Yes John, unfortunately there are those who neither have respect or integrity. If they can, they will.

Some of my crappie fishing buddies down south have had entire boat trailers stolen while out fishing! I put a weld on my hitch and use locking pins now.

Sad state of affairs, eh? Sorry for your consternation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

esscobra

if you decide to go with locking pin, go to truck accessory place - they have the locking pins that use your factory key- and also cable and padlocks- that way you always have the key!

JohnDar

I don’t use it that often, so it can ride under my back seat until needed. Only used it for mounting our bike rack or pulling the FD trailers. Just pizzed me off that some low life would take it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travlingman

Around here they will even steal the reducing sleeves in the hitch assembly on the back of trucks. I bought a locking pin for the last truck and use it on my new one.

farside291

Yes John, unfortunately there are those who neither have respect or integrity. If they can, they will.

Some of my crappie fishing buddies down south have had entire boat trailers stolen while out fishing! I put a weld on my hitch and use locking pins now.

Sad state of affairs, eh? Sorry for your consternation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I came back from fishing one afternoon to find cinder blocks under my boat trailer and my tires were gone!! And to make it worse they took the lug bolts too!. I used my spare and I had to borrow a spare tire from my buddy and two lug bolts from each of his wheels on his boat trailer to make it to the house. Thieves have no moral values they will take anything not locked down.

ksucats

Geez, I hadn't even thought about someone permanently borrowing the reducing sleeves. Just here shaking my head in amazement.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Check your spare tire, if it's not a lockable wench. Had our spare stolen on an SUV in downtown San Antonio while we stayed for a convention.

Grey Ghost

:mad:Tool box in the bed of the truck broke into and everything taken, not a happy camper. It was locked but they just broke the lock! I hate a thief with a passion. Like I've said for years, if you want something, get up off you lazy A__ and work for it, because if you steal it someday it will come back to bite you in that same A__!! I can only hope that is the case!!

JohnDar

Check your spare tire, if it's not a lockable wench. Had our spare stolen on an SUV in downtown San Antonio while we stayed for a convention.

On my truck, you need the ignition key to unlock the cover over the hole where the rod goes to raise/lower the spare.

Wmnmy

Yes we are among thieves when I purchased my first heartland cyclone while I slept on the dealers lot a desert nomad stole my power cord off my rig the sound of the fridge that wan on shore power woke me up and by the time I walked around the rig to find it gone he was long gone . I spent the rest of the night on top of the rig praying he would come back but he didn't.......

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I always hated thieves and burglars and put them in jail as often as I could! Pawn shops hated me because I seized all the stolen items that they had bought and returned them to the rightful owner.

Bones

I always hated thieves and burglars and put them in jail as often as I could! Pawn shops hated me because I seized all the stolen items that they had bought and returned them to the rightful owner.
Maybe the pawn shop owners should spend time in jail for selling stolen goods. There is no way someone would keep coming in constantly selling TV's or DVD players to get money. Greed.

Warrstang331

North Carolina Chapter Leaders
:mad:Tool box in the bed of the truck broke into and everything taken, not a happy camper. It was locked but they just broke the lock! I hate a thief with a passion. Like I've said for years, if you want something, get up off you lazy A__ and work for it, because if you steal it someday it will come back to bite you in that same A__!! I can only hope that is the case!!

I to have had my truck box broken into and a tool box was stolen with tools, mind you this was out of my driveway. I now have cameras around the house. But I will say that if I catch u. May the good lord have mercy on you, because I won’t.

LBR

We had a brand new Echo blower stolen out the back of our truck in broad daylight while doing grounds maintenance at our local DQ. The DW and I were less than 50' from it the whole time trimming a hedge with power tools.

It was definitely our fault for paying attention to the power equipment and not constantly watching our truck...I assumed it wouldn't sprout legs, but alas it did. Everything happens for a reason so...

We both decided with no blower and this close to ending all of our accounts anyway, no more work for us. Thank YOU, Mr. Methhead....you did us a great favor!... haha!!