Bighorn - Low point drains

mikedar77

I have a 2018 Bighorn 5th wheel #3760el. Are there low point drains installed on this unit and where might I find them ??

Mike

danemayer

Hi mikedar77,

There are no low point drains. You'll find a fresh tank drain, usually on the off-door-side, just in front of the axles. If you're looking for them in order to winterize, you have 2 choices: use compressed air to evacuate all the water from the plumbing, and take additional steps in a few places, or pump antifreeze through the system. Our owner-written Winterization Guide may be helpful to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piperflyer

The only drain you should have (unless it's been changed on the newer 3760EL) is on the off door side (left side) of the coach. It is hanging down from the belly of your coach just behind the axle. This is the drain for you fresh water holding tank.

Last edited by a moderator:

SNOKING

I thought I was crazy that I could not find low pint drains this morning.

So I just hang the outside shower down near the ground with it open and then removed my caps off off the washer faucets and opened the valves and heard it draining those lines, running outside I saw water pouring out. I did the same to kitchen, shower, toilet, bath sink. I am going to pickup 3 or 4 gallons of pink stuff today to finish the winterizing.

Chris

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have the low point drains on the Prowler, but also use the outside shower and always get more water out.

I ran the pink stuff through the lines this morning.

Took about 15 minutes and 2 1/2 gallons of the pink stuff.