Anderson 5th wheel hitch

I just installed the Anderson 5th wheel hitch.
Installation was fairly easy. I installed the ball in the lowest position.
At first I installed the ball receiver on the pin box in the forward position, but, with the hitch offset and the offset on the ball receiver
I didn't like distance the trailer was setting back from the truck. Anderson says you can set the receiver on the king pin to the rear, so that
is what I did. Seems like a better set up to me.
Backing up and dropping the receiver onto the ball was no problem. Haven't towed with it yet, so I hope it lives up to all to all the hoop-la.https://heartlandowners.org/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• IMG_1453.jpg
    IMG_1453.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1451.jpg
    IMG_1451.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1449.jpg
    IMG_1449.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_1448.jpg
    IMG_1448.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 97

Eric1234

Congrats on purchasing your auh. I think the best part is how lightweight this thing is. We have towed close to 8k miles coast to coast no problem.

Have a good day

eric

rxbristol

There was some talk about having to lock out the Trail Air so the plate did not move back and forth, will you have to do this with the Flex Air with the kit Anderson sells? I sent an email to the company with the same question, but I did not get a reply.

Yes, I will have to use the lock out kit.
If you go to "all forums" and scroll down to the hitches section you will find a member that made his own.
I just did the one click thing and ordered mine from Anderson.

6.7LMegaCab

I have the Anderson hitch as well. Towed with it for the first real trip with our new to us '14 RW 400 a couple weekends ago. I have a Mega Cab and found that I had to have the ball in the highest position. Still more testing to be done, but hard to do with the trailer parked at a storage lot.

My truck has air bags so with about 60 pounds set, the truck/trailer combo is dang near perfectly level and it tows extremely well! I think you will really like the Anderson hitch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk