Commercial RV Towing

BigGuy82

I've got a chance to deliver RV's as a part-time job. Obviously, I'll be paid for this. Has anyone here done this and if so, can you offer some guidance as to what's required from a DOT perspective? I'm figuring that I'll be subject to the same regs as commercial truckers, but I don't know what those are.

Thanks

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've got a chance to deliver RV's as a part-time job. Obviously, I'll be paid for this. Has anyone here done this and if so, can you offer some guidance as to what's required from a DOT perspective? I'm figuring that I'll be subject to the same regs as commercial truckers, but I don't know what those are.

Thanks

Send jayc a pm as he used to do it. You will find out quick you want make a lot of money doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resiemon

That you can make a lot of money if everything goes perfectly you'll lose a lot of money if everything does not go perfectly you'll get no help from the insurance companies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

SNOKING

It is a really hard row to plow. If you break even you will be one of the lucky ones. Chris

I am a Transport Driver going on 5 years now and I like it. I drive all of USA & Canada, always an adventure. You are required to keep a Log Book, subject to Drug Test and keep maintenance records on your truck. You are paid per mile one way, sometimes might get a Back Haul for a little extra. You are your Own Boss, No Union, just get the unit to the Dealer with No Driver Damage, than Get Paid. I like the company I drive for and they treat me fair. Like most things in life, you need A Positive Attitude. I drive out of Goshen, In

avvidclif

I run the numbers several years ago and could make more extra money being a part time door greeter at WM.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I tried delivering RV's about 17 years ago when I tried to retire.I couldn't make enough money at it to stay in the business. It was a good job, pick your load and destination, no rush to return to Elkhart, but you're not making any money if you sightsee on the way back.

Things may have changed since I tried it but I don't think I'd try it again. Work camping/park hosting is more fun. That free site with utilities is worth something and you're not wearing out an expensive truck.

CLB

Thanks
I used to drive otr and I briefly looked into it but as for license requirements I didn't pay attention having a class A with xtpm endorsements.

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk