Nut that holds shade to light over top of island

I am looking for the round part that screws onto the socket to hold a shade up on my over the island light. Mine disappeared while trying to find a new shade! Does anyone know where to get one? Thanks

danemayer

You can probably find something that fits at a local hardware store. You can measure the diameter of the shaft and guess on the thread count.

Oh Dane, I have tried! There are not any that are that size. I picked up two different ones hoping that I had it covered, but neither one worked. :(

danemayer

Home Depot and Lowe's have rebuild kits in their light/lamp departments. Maybe one of those kits has what you need.

heyjude

thanks Dan, we will try it out today

Please let me know if you found one. .... two of the three glass shades we had up there broke when the fixture became detached and they swung into each other and shattered as we were driving :(

Now, I need to replace the glass shades, and am not sure what size to order. This happened once before and I replaced them via eastcoastparts@heartlandrv.... but i would like different shades and do not know what size i should get.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!!!

Judy

Judy, they take normal sized shades, and I noticed that Home Depot had replacement shades that would work. I used smoked glass bell shaped shades and John put an extra bigger washer in to make sure it is held up. I actually like these shades better than the old ones!

heyjude

Judy, they take normal sized shades, and I noticed that Home Depot had replacement shades that would work. I used smoked glass bell shaped shades and John put an extra bigger washer in to make sure it is held up. I actually like these shades better than the old ones!
Thanks so much for your advice!

pegmikef

Please let me know if you found one. .... two of the three glass shades we had up there broke when the fixture became detached and they swung into each other and shattered as we were driving :(

Now, I need to replace the glass shades, and am not sure what size to order. This happened once before and I replaced them via eastcoastparts@heartlandrv.... but i would like different shades and do not know what size i should get.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!!!

Judy

When I had to replace one in my Big Horn, I emailed my VIN and a picture of one of the remaining shades to Heartland Service. They found the shade, sent me the part number, and ordered one for me (with my permission) from the parts department.

heyjude

When I had to replace one in my Big Horn, I emailed my VIN and a picture of one of the remaining shades to Heartland Service. They found the shade, sent me the part number, and ordered one for me (with my permission) from the parts department.
Thanks, I did that the first time one broke, but now i have two broken ones and wanted to try a different look :)