Ordering questions on Landmark Monticello

Iownarv

Future Full Timer
We are considering ordering a Landmark Monticello 5th wheel and wanted to know if the factory can do the following options:

No window in the bedroom slide
Replace the outside grab handle at the entry door with a lighted grab handle,
sunlight BLACKOUT day/night shades throughout the whole unit,not just in the bedroom suite [standard day/night shades] in living area
Is the 2nd furnace available
and finally are the larger brakes available.

Also, what is the 80amp 12volt convertor and why would you want this?

Thanks

Last edited:

Cheryl

Don't know about the other issues, but my Golden Gate has day/night shades on every window except the little kitchen one. It has the mini-blinds. I think they do that so you don't get grease/food splatters from your cooking on the shades.

jbeletti

Iownarv,

A converter is creates and supplies the 12 volts DC power that most systems in your RV use. See this link for a better explanation from the manufacturer - Progressive Dynamics.

Heartland Landmarks come standard with the 60 amp unit and they offer the 80 amp model as an upgrade. This is the maximum current at 12 volts DC that can be produced by the converter.

Why would someone want the 80 amp unit over the 60 amp model? The primary reason may be what you feel your maximum current draw from the 12 volt DC systems and equipment will be. For me, I got the 80 just in case and it was a tiny incremental amount of money. Doubt that I even approach the 60 amp capacity but I guess I have the peace of mind knowing I am not operating at the top of the range.

Bear in mind that even when you are connected to shore power, it is the converter that creates and supplies the power to most of the systems in the coach (nearly all the wall and ceiling lights, Fantastic fans, TV antenna booster, water pump, furnace fan, rear stabilizers, 12 VDC accessory outlets and more).

Scott Tuttle and most of the Heartland team that monitors the Ask The Factory forum are out in various states covering the RV shows. As such, their access to email and your post may be limited. Please allow some time for their response to the questions only they can answer.

Best of luck,

Jim

Scott

Options

IWNARV -
The list of special options (or deletions as the case may be) you are asking about is probably "doable" but would take some time and some effort on our engineering and purchasing departments. I would think that we could get the full compliment of "black out" shades for the coach by special ordering them; the deletion of the windows (they are now on both sides of the room) in the bedroom slide out shouldn't be too hard; the lighted grab handle would have to be special ordered (or sent to us by you); the larger brakes are an option, but not a second furnace. I would suggest that you order the bedroom A/C with a heat pump as that really helps keep that room warm on cool nights; the 80 amp convertor just simply allows you more power for the functions of your coach.

IF you do decide to order a coach and want these "special" items, I will need to get the alterations approved by purchasing and production and you will have to work with your dealer on the costs and making sure they mark up the order Very Well.

ST

Iownarv

Future Full Timer
Thanks for getting back with us. The only window we wanted deleted from the bedroom would be the one on the slide. By having the 2nd AC, would that be ducted instead of hanging from the ceiling?