Remote Display for Converter

Oregon_Camper

I was looking into helping a buddy with his converter issues, and while on Progressives site, I came across an accessory I didn't know they offered. This device plugs into the Progressive 9200 series (which I think is on most of the larger Heartland RV's).

As you might remember I removed my Converter for the GoPower IC2000. So it was easy to grab the converter off the shelf in my garage and take a look....sure enough it has an accessory port on the side. :cool:

Not sure what this device would do when the darn 50amp breaker pops and power isn't reaching the battery, but it will most certainly report an issue with the converter, WITHOUT having to take the basement wall down to check. Plus....who doesn't like cool displays showing you all sorts of neat data.

For less then $15, I would do this if I didn't have the GoPower device installed.

Link to device on Amazon

pendant.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The Charge Wizard indicates what mode the converter is in based on the flash of the LED. The mode changes based on the charging needs of the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Progressive Dynamics suggested I get one to allow me to override the normal charging sequence. It's most often used to extend the time in "BOOST" mode especially when trying to recharge on generator power. It's important that battery temperature be monitored when in BOOST mode but it helps a lot to keep sufficient battery power to run a residential fridge.
The converter will revert to normal operations if it senses the current mode is no longer necessary.

wdk450

I received the Charge Wizard indicator and controller pendant with the Purchase of a replacement Progressive 9200 series converter for one that was water damaged by a black tank flusher failure flood. I was able to mount this in the electrical control panel inside and route the wiring to the converter/charger. It normally flashes about every 5 seconds in normal operation at an RV site (after the first 30 hours of charging modes after space arrival). Occasionally I will catch it doing its 15 minutes of (near) daily desulphation mode (LED on solid for 15 minutes).

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You’ll notice the lights will suddenly brighten a little when it goes into BOOST mode and return to normal when it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk